Monday, December 16, 2013

Liquid Sky Lacquer ~ Iris Illusion



Liquid Sky Lacquer ~ Iris Illusion  
Thermal holo that shifts between purple and sky blue

I have been looking forward to showing you this spectacular polish! It’s been a while since I bought it, and the reason I’m showing it today is that Norway Nails has a special offer on them today. I thought that would be a totally appropriate reason to actually wear the polish!

The formula is great, I didn’t experience anything but easy application and good coverage. It took two coats to reach full opacity, and drying time between coats is good. No problems to report at all. Top notch.

It’s winter here, and my fingers are almost always cold. This is what the polish looks like on cold hands. Two coats, no topcoat:


That is such a lovely purple, I love it! I had to play with water in order to show you the colour change – I can’t change the temperatures of my hands any other way.

On this picture I’ve held my pinkie and my ring finger under the warm tap:


Here’s a picture that shows you the colour change. My fingers refuse to stay warm, haha!


I stamped on it! I used a motif from a Moyou London stamping plate called Christmas Collection-03 and I stamped with Kiko #616 Silver from their Mirror collection. I finished the whole thing off with a layer of Poshé topcoat. Here’s the final mani – my fingers are still cold, hence the purple:


I stuck two fingers under the warm tap again. I love this picture:


I totally love both the colours!


Here’s an attempt of warming my fingers up, so I can show you a completely blue mani.


My hands refuse to cooperate though, they keep getting cold, hahaha!!


I love pretty much everything about this polish. It’s not just fun under the tap. It’s holo, both the colours are cool, and yeah, it’s basically just a winner! Please tell me what you think of this in the comments below. Thanks! :)


Opacity: 8/10
Colour, prettiness: 9/10
Durability: 8/10
Value for money: 8/10
Overall: 8.5/10
Buy again: Yes

You can buy Liquid Sky Lacquers from norwaynails.com, and they're on special today! You get 30% off if you buy them from Norway Nails - but only until the next offer is up, so hurry!!
You can find more info on NorwayNail’s Facebook page, link here

Norway Nails have kindly offered my readers a 10% discount code. Just use the code RAINBOWIFYME10 at checkout, and you'll be getting 10% off your purchase.

18 comments:

  1. The photos of the pouring water over your nails are awesome :)
    I prefer it on cold nails :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I must admit that I really like the water pics too :) I prefer it on cold nails too :)

      Delete
  2. Uhh hvor er de fine... Har fundet 3 jeg godt gad eje, men i december måned er der bare ikke råd :-(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nej, december er slem! Vi krydser fingre for at januar bliver bedre :)

      Delete
  3. ooooooooh, very gorgeous!!!! i love the pictures with the water! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! The water pics are my favourites too :)

      Delete
  4. My camera would never be able to take a clear shot with my hands in the water :) Looks very nice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I must admit that it took a bit of practice to do the water shots, but I'm glad I ended up succeeding :)

      Delete
  5. Wow! Instant entry on my wishlist! What a beauty!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree with you, this is a winner! ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love Liquid Sky-but haven't tried these thermals yet. I'm not sure I'd like them. Unless you're sticking them in ice water, how often do they really change?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Some of them makes sense in real life and out of the tap too. They especially work for me in the winter, where my hands are cold all the time :)

      Delete
  8. I got 3 Liquid Sky's in the mail today myself! All were holos but I love thermals they are so much fun to play with and watch! lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally agree with you :D Which holos did you get? I love holos! :D

      Delete