Friday, December 20, 2013

Crowstoes ~ Indian Summer



Crowstoes ~ Indian Summer
Multichrome that shifts between purple, magenta and orange

I’ve been very excited to show you this pretty polish. You know that I really like polishes that “do” something, right? Well, this polish is a chameleon! And the reason I’m showing it to you today is because Norway Nails has them in the Christmas Calendar, so they’re actually on special today. More about that later!

I’ve seen several swatches of Indian Summer, which is from Autumn 2013: Better Late Than Never Collection. I can see that most girls layer it over black. I didn’t want to do that if I could avoid it. I decided to try and see if this would actually work on its own.

The first layer was really tricky. I used my regular basecoat, and I did experience some dragging when I applied the first coat. It actually looked pretty bad and I almost regretted that I didn’t layer it, haha! But - the second coat was easy to apply and evened out all the irregularities from the first layer. I was actually almost satisfied after the second layer, but since this polish dries pretty fast, I decided to add a third layer, to give this baby the best options to really show off.

And wow, this is an amazing polish! Really stunning. But hey, don’t take my word for it. Take a look for yourself. Here’s three coats, no topcoat:


It’s amazing how much shine this polish has in it!


And the colourshift is just, like, wow! From purple over magenta to what looks like deep red. It’s beautiful!


I am so glad I decided to wear this on its own. I love it!


See that shimmer as well? It gives the polish so much depth.


One last pic of the polish alone. And then we’re up for some stamping!



I found some stars on my XL stamping plate “H”, and I stamped with Essie’s “Penny Talk” from the Mirror collection. I bought Penny Talk when I was in New York, only with stamping in mind. I’m not into gold polishes much, but this is more copper than gold, and for this purpose it’s perfect! I sealed it all up with a layer of Poshé topcoat, and here’s what the whole thing ended up looking like:


And one final shot – I’m digging this! :D



Opacity: 6/10
Colour, prettiness: 10/10
Durability: 10/10
Value for money: 9/10
Overall: 8/10
Buy again: Yes


You can buy Crowstoes polishes from norwaynails.com, and they're on special today! You get 40% off if you buy them from Norway Nails - but only until the next offer is up, so hurry!! If you don’t know Crowstoes yet, then here’s your chance to snatch a few of them.
You can find more info on NorwayNail’s Facebook page, link here

Norway Nails have kindly offered my readers a 10% discount code. Just use the code RAINBOWIFYME10 at checkout, and you'll be getting 10% off your purchase. 

14 comments:

  1. Wow, that is gorgeous indeed - love it, and the silver stamping works perfectly here!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That Essie was an unexpected gem for me. I'll never wear it as a polish, but for stamping? Yes please! :)

      Delete
  2. Awesome shade! It really looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks wonderful with stars! ^_^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. That Essie just matched everything in the Crowstoes :)

      Delete
  4. oh! i see what you mean with "polishes that do something" this one is amazing and very cute stars! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a lot! :) I find this polish spectacular :)

      Delete