Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Gothic Gala Lacquers ~ Picard



Gothic Gala Lacquers ~ Picard
Deep pink leaning berry – linear holographic

It’s been more than four months since I wore my first Gothic Gala Lacquers. Back then Samantha had just started up her business with various glitter polishes. Let’s see how much has happened since back then, shall we?







They’re all holos and the first impression is that they’re all gorgeous!

I wanted to give Picard a go first; a deep pink, almost berry coloured holo.

The formula is great, the polish glides on effortlessly and covers in two easy coats. Drying time between the coats is great. I used a regular basecoat, and didn’t experience any problems with dragging or the dreadful bald spots. And man… this is such a beautiful polish.

Let me show you what two coats and no topcoat look like on this picture taken with flash:


Is that pretty or what?? I’d say it is!


Picard is also pretty in lower lights and without a flash to make her show the rainbows. Take a look at this:


It’s almost even prettier than on the pictures taken with flash!!


This polish is so sweet that I had to give it a bit of edge – we are talking about a brand name that has the word “gothic” in it after all! So I stamped some cool skulls on it. I found the skulls on a stamping plate from Moyou London called “Biker Bollection-02” and I just stamped with a no name black stamping polish.

Final result with flash:


And without flash:


I have also got to show you this cute lollipop Sam sent me. I love it!!


I have to say that Samantha has really stepped up the indie polish ladder during the last four months! I really like(d) her glitters back then, and seriously, now - I love this first holo of hers that I’m trying on. Amazing formula, great coverage, beautiful polish. Polished thumbs up from me!

Opacity: 8/10
Colour, prettiness: 10/10
Durability: 9/10
Value for money: 10/10
Overall: 9/10
Buy again: Yes

20 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you - also for making awesome polishes! ♥

      Delete
  2. Picard truly is gorgeous!!!
    Suck my skull LOL ;) - I wish you a Happy New Year my dear friend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great polish and post!! ;-) lol
    Happy New Year to you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, and happy new year to you too! :)

      Delete
  4. HEHEHE How obnoxious is it to polish with the bottle top that long? I have that issue with the new KOH I got recently. They are pretty colors though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the polishes - and it's true, the cap is way too long. It's 1.5cm too long to fit into my Helmers!

      Delete
  5. That berry pink is really pretty! Hehe that skull lollipop is awesome! :D
    Happy New Year! Hope 2014 is a fantastic year for you! <3

    ~ Yun

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Yun, and happy new year to you and yours too! :)

      Delete
  6. Cool nail polish and lollipop! :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous polish! And I just love the stamp :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow! Picard is soo amazingly pretty! :) beautiful and holo!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oooooh I have 3 Gothic Gala lacquers arriving in the next day or so, I didn't realize the bottles are so pretty! Eeeek I'm excited!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fantastic, I'm so pleased to hear it! Which ones did you get? I'm super curious! lol

      Delete
  10. Samantha is a dollface and I adore her polishes too. I have 5 in my to-review pile that I was sent as a thank-you for "volunteering" my fiancé to make that new logo for the new bottle shape ahaha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can say to your boyfriend that I think he did a really great job - those polishes in your pile is well deserved! :) And yes, she's SO sweet!! <3

      Delete