Wednesday, December 25, 2013

My Christmas mani 2013



China Glaze ~ Mommy Kissing Santa
Deep shimmery red
&
Essie ~Shine of the Times
Orange/red/green dense flakie

Let me show you the mani I wore yesterday on Christmas eve. I knew I wanted to wear red – I love red, and I think it’s perfect for Christmas. And I knew I wanted to wear the Essie “Shine of the Times” that my boyfriend gave to me as a gift this Sunday. So here it is!

I applied two layers of Mommy Kissing Santa on all my nails. Application was good, coverage too and drying time as well.

Then I applied one single layer of Shine of the Times on my pinkie and my pointer. And man, that flakie is insanely dense, I don’t think I’ve seen anything quite like it! The colour shift is absolutely beautiful, from red over orange to green!


I also wanted to stamp! I chose two difference snow flake designs from the XL stamping plate K, and a heart design from the stamping plate QA45. I stamped with Essies “Penny Talk”; a lovely coppery metallic. A layer of topcoat completed the mani.
When I twist my fingers like this, you can see how wild the green is in the flakie.


I chose to stamp with copper because I thought it would match the flakie pretty well, and I honestly think it works!


On my pinkie you can see when the flakies show off their red side. Beautiful!


Yes, I was satisfied with this, very satisfied!
I hope you had a wonderful Christmas evening! Merry Christmas to you all! ♥



Mommy Kissing Santa
Number of coats: 2
Drying time: Fast
Durability: Good
Removal: No problems
Overall impression: It’s a beautiful and vampy red
Buy again: Yes

Shine of the times
Number of coats: 1
Drying time: Average
Durability: Good
Removal: No problems
Overall impression: Amazingly dense flakie, wow!
Buy again: Yes

8 comments:

  1. Aww, this is so pretty - Merry Christmas once again my dear friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shine of Times is amazing!! and I really love how the stamps look over the red, cute Christmas mani.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much. Shine of the Times really amazed me - I thought I would need two layers, but no :)

      Delete
  3. Merry Christmas!
    P.S. Great manicure! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, and I hope you had a fantastic Christmas! :) <3

      Delete
  4. This is a very cool mani! Loving it!

    ReplyDelete