Monday, December 9, 2013

Maybelline Color Show Vintage Leather ~ 207 Turquoise Temptation & 210 Red Grained



Maybelline Color Show Vintage Leather ~ 207 Turquoise Temptation & 210 Red Grained
Dark teal crème with flakies and bright orangy red with flakies, both matte

I was surprised to see something else in the Maybelline stand here recently. Usually we only get the boring stuff, and I have to rely on swaps to get the more interesting polishes. These two were from a collection called “Vintage Leather” and they had little flakies floating around in them, and that was enough to make me curious. So I bought these two, and also decided to wear them together, even though red and dark teal might not be the most obvious combination.

They’re both pretty opaque, and almost cover in one coat. I did need two coats to be fully satisfied though. The teal is of a thicker consistency than the red, but they both dry fast. I have no complaints over the formula.

The flakies were a little bit shy though. Here’s what two coats of each colour and no topcoat look like:


The polishes dry up matte and velvety, and if you want to see the flakies, then check out the bottle on this picture:


I did some really quick nail art on it. I made circles of dots with the teal on the read. And then I applied a layer of topcoat to see what it looks like shiny:


The flakies do get a bit more visible with the topcoat, and I really like this shiny morsel.


The polishes aren’t as spectacular as I had hoped and wished for though. I do consider offering them to a better home in near future ;)

What do you think girls? Is this go or no go?


Opacity: 8/10
Colour, prettiness: 6/10
Durability: 7/10
Value for money: 7/10
Overall: 7/10
Buy again: No

11 comments:

  1. That's a super pretty combination of these two polishes :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. those are 2 beautiful polishes. Love the dots.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you - it was really simple, but I liked it too. Dots usually works for me :)

      Delete
  3. So pretty! I love the matte finishes on those two colors! :)

    ~ Yun

    ReplyDelete
  4. I didn't get these has I'm not a fan of matte finish for the nails. Cute dots :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I usually make my mattes shine after I've done my mani :) Thank you :)

      Delete
  5. I've seen the polishes from this collection in the store and now I'm sure that I need to try at least one of them ;)

    ReplyDelete