Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Butter London ~ Chancer



Butter London ~ Chancer
Red jelly with red microglitter

Last time I was in Germany I was so lucky to find Butter London’s on special! How often does that happen, eh? :D I was thrilled! I threw Chancer (and a couple of others) in my cart, paid and left happy as a bunny.

Chancer is related to lots of polishes all called something to do with ruby footwear. But Chancer is in a league of her own. The formula is fantastic, the drying time is good and the pigmentation is really cool for a jelly. Two coats is what it took to make this look good. No dragging, no bald spots or thinner areas, just perfection coming right out of the bottle.

I’ve got new photo lamps – these are my first pictures taken in the light of them, and I am thrilled! Hooray!!
<Ahem, moving right on>
Here’s a picture of two coats and one coat of topcoat:


Isn’t that just beautiful? I love it!


I decided that I wanted to try and make it look even more beautiful with some simple nail art. I grabbed a black striper from Claire’s and a silver glitter striper from NYX. I made three stripes with each colour on each nail, in three different lengths. I finished the mani off with a layer of PoshĂ© topcoat, and here’s what it ended up looking!


Isn’t it just beautiful! (Note that I didn’t end that sentence with a question mark, this time, haha!)


It was really hard to stop taking photos of it!


This is the last shot, I promise! It’s just to show you the depth of it!


And here are the polishes I used:

  
I only have positive words to say about this polish. The quality is fantastic, it’s so much better than it’s ruby footwear sisters, I can’t even describe how much I like this. I might even get rid of some of the sisters now - yikes!

The only negative thing I can come up with about this polish is the cap. I don’t like the stupid little ridged handle I end up with using when I’ve pulled the big square cap off. But that’s a matter of taste, I think. I would have preferred a bigger and non-ridged handle for sure!

So – what is your verdict, girls? Do you also like the look of this?


Opacity: 8/10
Colour, prettiness: 10/10
Durability: 8/10
Value for money: 9/10
Overall: 9/10
Buy again: Yes

14 comments:

  1. Oh wow, that really is an absolutely gorgeous red - I love it (and the name)!
    Merry Christmas my dear friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's such a beauty, thank you.
      And merry Christmas to you too, my friend!! <3

      Delete
  2. That is such a yummy looking red!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the way your photos look now! Also really love this polish and your nail art matches it perfectly :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, I'm so pleased to hear it all! :)

      Delete
  4. very beautiful! and i love the nail art :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is a lovely color indeed! Lol @ ruby footwear :) And Merry Christmas!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a stunning red! Love the mani you did <3

    ReplyDelete
  7. I always love hearing about how international people visit other countries like we visit other states-but it's just not the same! Am jealous! HAHAHA!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, the country I live in is so small that it would only feel like a state to you, hahah!!! :D

      Delete