Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Linda Johansen ~ Twilight Magenta & London Fog



Linda Johansen ~ Twilight Magenta & London Fog
Dark purple with shimmer & Dark grey crème

Today there’s only one week to Christmas, and I’m beginning to get really excited! If we take a look at what Norway Nails has in the Christmas calendar today, you might get excited too!

It’s Linda Johansen – a great quality Norwegian brand, one that I’ve become very fond of!

Let me show you the last two I bought: Twilight Magenta and London Fog. The formula is just great, nothing negative to report about that at all. It covers well, spreads out easily and dries pretty fast. I used two coats of each for this mani. I’m totally in love with Twilight Magenta, that dark purple shimmer just makes me sit and gaze at my nails. And man, can both these babies shine!

Take a look for yourself; here’s two coats of each, no topcoat:


See what I mean? And these two colours really work together! Here I’m holding both of the bottles:


London Fog is such a good grey. I like the coolness of this colour, and it’s really easy to apply, even for a crème ;)


Here’s a picture taken in my lightbox:


I put on a layer of China Glaze “Fairy Dust”, which is a hologlitter in a clear base. I’m going to stamp on it all in a minute, and I want some of that holo to shine through! Here’s what it looks like:


I actually prefer Twilight Magenta without the hologlitter, but I think it really adds to the grey! And now for the stamping! I used a Christmas sweater motif from Moyou London’s stamping plate Christmas Collection-04, and I stamped with Sally Hansen Insta-Dri “Whirlwind White”, which is a great white crème for stamping. I topped the entire thing off with a layer of Poshé topcoat, and here, dear ladies, is my final mani:


This stamping plate only has XL motifs on it, and they’re way too big for my relatively small nails. I’m using approximately one quarter of the motif on my nails here:


I am so pleased with how this mani came out. I love the two colours together, and I think this stamp is really cool. It is indeed time for warm sweaters!


You can buy Linda Johansen polishes from norwaynails.com, and they're on special today! You get 20% off if you buy them from Norway Nails - but only until the next offer is up, so hurry!! I can easily recommend this brand, they’re really great quality polishes.
You can find more info on NorwayNail’s Facebook page, link here

Norway Nails have kindly offered my readers a 10% discount code. Just use the code RAINBOWIFYME10 at checkout, and you'll be getting 10% off your purchase. 

16 comments:

  1. I really love Twilight Magenta, great colour. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it's beautiful, isn't it?! I am really crazy about it too! :)

      Delete
  2. that purple is awesome, i love the stamping! i really need to get newer image plates, i have the same old ones for the last 2 years. lol i think its time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so happy with my Moyou London plates, even though lots of the designs are so big that I have to be creative to make them look good on my nails :D

      Delete
  3. I really like that purple one, but I'm not much for greys, although it does help it a lot with the glitter :)

    Cute design! I really need to buy some of those MoYou plates soon...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The grey perked up quite a bit with the glitter, I REALLY liked the look of that! :)

      Delete
  4. Aww, what a pretty mani!
    I also just got the Twilight Magenta (it sais Twighlight Magenta on the bottom of mine) - it's gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm looking forward to seeing what you'll paint on your magenta. Flowers...? Doodles...? Abstract art? :)

      Delete
  5. That shimmery purple is really gorgeous! I love the sweater stamp you added on top too. The final look is very festive. :)

    ~ Yun

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like the stamping!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh that purple is stunning!!!! Plus your stamping is awesome!

    ReplyDelete