Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Misslyn ~ 85 Royal Blue



Misslyn ~ 85 Royal Blue
Royal blue texture with shimmer

Here’s a textured polish I bought last time I was in Germany. Misslyn is originally an Italian brand, but is sold in quite a lot of countries by now – and they do sell really well in Germany.

The formula is great, I’ve never experienced anything else with a Misslyn product. The polish applies easily, dries quick and has a good pigmentation too. It was practically opaque after the first coat, but I applied another one to make sure I gave the polish the best opportunities to shine. This is all good.

Let me show you what two coats and no topcoat looks like:


I love the colour and the shimmer that’s added to the polish! I do love textured polishes, but they definitely need shimmer or glitter to work for me :)


Royal Blue looks a little bit duochromatic in the bottle; at least I can see purple when I flick the bottle in certain angles. This didn’t transfer to my nails though, no matter how much I twisted and turned my fingers! So I decided to help it a little bit. I grabbed a bottle of Pupa glitter, it’s either called N250 or 824, depending on where you look at the bottle. It’s a blue and violet glitter in a blue jelly base. I dabbed a bit of glitter on each nail with a sponge. I didn’t want the glitter to take over, I just wanted to add a little extra. Here’s how that presented itself:


Can you see how well I controlled myself with the glitter? It’s so easy to go overboard in it, and that was not my intention! :D


Then I finished the whole thing off by stamping on it. I used stamping plate DRK-A, and I stamped with Essie’s “Nothing else metals”, which is a great polish for stamping! I didn’t apply a topcoat. Here’s the final mani:


And one last shot of it:  

  
I bought the Misslyn polishes I’ve got when I shopped in Karstadt, and I’ll definitely be checking them out next time I’m going to Germany. Hopefully it won’t be too long before that happens.


Opacity: 9/10
Colour, prettiness: 9/10
Durability: 10/10
Value for money: 10/10
Overall: 9.5/10
Buy again: Yes

13 comments: