Saturday, December 21, 2013

Winter wonderland



Snow White goes Pop
A winter wonderland mani

It’s winter here, and the temperatures are low. And brrr, it’s damn cold outside.

I don’t often do seasonally inspired manis, but I was in the mood for snowflakes. On my nails, obviously. I’d rather not have them in real life! Snow looks pretty on Christmas cards, but when you have to live with it and travel to work by bicycle and home every day through it, believe me, you don’t like snow IRL.

So. I started out with two coats of Pop Beauty Nail Glam: Ocean, which is a dark blue shimmer polish. It covers well and dries pretty fast, and I just love this shade of blue. I have way too many of them, to be honest :D

Here’s what it looks like on its own:


Then I added a layer of OPI’s “Pirouette my whistle” on my pinkie and my pointer. It’s my favourite OPI – I simply love that glitter. I sponged a bit of H&M “Snow White” onto the tips of the three other nails. Snow White is a white shimmer – my favourite white, actually. And then I stamped snowflakes on those three nails too. I used Angel Kiss from Color Club – a light blue linear holo from the Halo Hues collection – and I found the snow flakes on XL plate “K”.

One layer of Poshé topcoat finished the whole thing off, and here’s my final mani:


I turned out just the way I wanted it – I love it when that happens!


At first I regretted to have sponged the tips, but now, a couple of hours after I actually made the mani, I must admit that I really like the effect! Sure, the stamped on snow flakes are less visible where they merge a little with the sponged-on white, but that’s actually ok!

Here are the polishes I used: 


So – how cold (or warm) is it where you are?

14 comments:

  1. So nice to see a festive manicure from you; I love it :-) That OPI glitter is the only OPI polish I've ever wanted. I don't know if I can justify getting it through as I already have a few glitter toppers.
    Here in Scotland it's cold but not freezing. It's been a very mild winter so far so the worst is yet to come!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love that OPI glitter, and you know it's not very often I say something nice about OPI, so that statement says a lot! :D
      It's also been pretty mild here so far, but I am very sensitive to cold so I'm freezing all the time :)

      Delete
  2. That's a super pretty blue - and I love the snowy nail art :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad to hear that :) The blue is amazing, I love it :)

      Delete
  3. In Ukraine in my town we had only 1 cm of snow this winter yet and it already melted, but I don't want snow anymore :). Though I love snow-y manicures, yours is gorgeous! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We also had about a cm and that washed away with the rain too. I don't mind. I am so not crazy about snow :) And thank you so much <3

      Delete
  4. I love this combo! Blue and silver is so pretty together!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty mani :) I love winter mani's :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too - and I love the winter manis more than I love winters :D

      Delete
  6. i love this mani, gorgeous all the way from the sponging to the snowflakes. Around here we had a tornado yesterday and rain but no snow...not too cold either, its so weird....its should be cold around this time a year but its not and i love the cold. :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you <3
      It isn't cold for the season here either, but I don't like the cold, so I definitely don't mind that :)

      Delete
  7. I love these!!! Just wanted to wish you a MERRY CHRISTMAS!

    ReplyDelete