Saturday, December 14, 2013

Maisie Shine and Pahlish in a Christmas mani



Two times Naughty and one times Nice in the Great Wide Open
Maisie Shine Naughty and Nice, Pahlish Great Wide Open

I’m in the mood for Christmas manis now. Christmas is so close, and my anticipation grows each day. I’m very young at heart when it comes to Christmas.

I wanted to try out Naughty, which is a metallic red with red glitter, and Nice, which is a green metallic with green and teal glitter. And then Pahlish Great Wide Open, which is a creamy white base with lime green metallic hex/squares, faint teal shimmer, and scattered multicolor confetti and dots.

Coverage was best on the green and the red metallic obviously; I was satisfied after two pretty fast drying coats. The white required three coats to be opaque. The glitters in the white are very sparse, and I’m sure that is intentional! I ended up applying a third coat to the red and the green, just to be completely sure it looked good, and for something to do I was waiting for the extra layer of white to dry haha!

Let me show you what my base looks like. Here’s three coats of each, with a layer of topcoat on top:


It was only when I saw the polish on my nails that I realized that the glitters in the green metallic are also teal. I thought they were all green!


Let’s make it more Christmassy! I stamped on it, using my XL stamping plate K with holidays design on it. I stamped with Sally Hansen Insta-Dri polishes: Whirlwind White and Jumpin’ Jade, and dotted the berries with Wined Up. I finished my mani with a layer of Poshé topcoat, and here it is:


I really like the green stamping over the white – I’ll definitely try stamping some more over pale base colours like this.


Here’s a close up of my thumb:


Have you got something interesting on your wishlist this year? Please do share in the comments below :)

12 comments:

  1. LOVE the nail art, especially the green holly over the white base! I have asked Santa for a couple of Essie polishes this year :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My boyfriend also preferred the green stamping over the white polish, but he didn't like the white on its own :)

      Delete
  2. WOW, this is so darn pretty - even without the stamping it would make me think Christmas :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The white with the glitter is my favourite. Very pretty Christmas manicure.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love that merry christmas stamp! :) I love this manicure a lot!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you - I think they look really festive myselv :)

      Delete
  5. Yay a christmas design :D

    Looks very festive and pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Perfect Christmassy mani!

    ReplyDelete