Monday, December 2, 2013

Alanna Renee ~ Snips & Snails & Puppy Dog Tails



Alanna Renee ~ Snips & Snails & Puppy Dog Tails
A mix of red and blue holo hex glitter, and holo particles

I love painting my nails, there’s no doubt about that. I also prefer to make some kind of nail art on them. Ordinary ‘plain’ can look cool – but not on me, haha! So what do I do when life gets in the way and time for painting my nails is limited? Allow me to show you an example.

I spent less than 20 minutes on this mani! I grabbed two polishes. The first one is a one coater from Golden Rose’s Matte Velvet collection: #104, which is lovely denim blue with shimmer. It’s got a great formula, covers in one coat, and dries fast. Totally win! But let me save that till last, because that was just the underwear for a new glitter which I bought from Norway Nails: Alanna Renee’s “Snips & Snails & Puppy Dog Tails”. It’s a great looking glitter, but it does require three coats to be opaque, and drying time is only average, and I just hadn’t got time for that.

I applied one layer of the glitter over the denim blue Golden Rose. The formula was great and the glitter spread out evenly and effortlessly. Drying time is, like I just mentioned, average, and when it was almost dry, I applied a layer of Poshé topcoat. Ét voila: my mani was done in a little more than 15 minutes. Perfect. Take a look at how pretty it ending up being:


I’m glad I picked a denim blue as underwear for this – that way both the light blue and the red glitters show up clearly.


The sun wasn’t cooperative (he’s going to have to work *very* hard to get a kiss from now on!), and so all the pics in this post are taken with flash.


I really like the mix of glitters here, and I will try and make it opaque on its own one day, when I’ve got more than 20 minutes to do my nails.


Here’s the Golden Rose Matte Velvet #104 I used as underwear. A fantastic polish; I love pretty much everything about it!
And dear ladies, this is one coat:

  
That’s it. Less than 20 minutes later I was ready to continue with all the stuff I was busy with. I think these two polishes are a perfect match – and I’ll definitely do something like this again on those extra busy days.

Would you like to see more “cool nails in less than 20 minutes”-manis here?


I bought Snips & Snails & Puppy Dog Tails on norwaynails.com.You can buy it with a 35% discount there, but you need to be quick! The offer is only valid today, the 2nd of December! Check it out here

Norway Nails have kindly offered my readers a 10% discount code. Just use the code RAINBOWIFYME10 at checkout, and you'll be getting 10% off your purchase.

13 comments:

  1. Two beautiful polishes really. Love them both. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) They're both great having in a stash of pretty polishes :)

      Delete
  2. it's just a WOW glitter!! very cool for Christmas :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it just! I was just thinking that I could have stamped snowflakes on it :)

      Delete
  3. That's such a pretty glitter! It's got a great mix of colors. And I really like that blue you used too. :)

    ~ Yun

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, it's nice to hear that I'm not the only one who likes this :)

      Delete
  4. Those two polishes work really well together.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They do, don't they :) I was pleased to think of pairing them up :)

      Delete
  5. Blue and glittery - love! ^_^

    ReplyDelete