Saturday, December 7, 2013

Cirque ~ Baptisia


Cirque ~ Baptisia
Deep purple with indigo shimmer

7th of December! Only two weeks till Christmas! 

Baptisia is described as a shimmery midnight indigo. It’s most definitely purple to me – but the shimmer is indigo, so perhaps it depends on what angle you see it from!

Anyway – application was a little bit tricky. The polish dries fast, so it was a challenge to work faster than I’m really comfortable with. It’s totally worth the extra effort though! The polish dries up a little bit dull, so I applied a layer of Poshé topcoat before I took my pictures. The pigmentation is good – I used two layers of polish to reach the desired result.

Enough talk; here’s what two layers of Baptisia and one layer of Poshé topcoat looks like:


Baptisia is – like many other purples – really hard to catch right in photos.
It turned up blue on the pictures, so I had to correct them into the colour I actually see on my nails. It’s definitely purple, isn’t it?


If I turn on my flash, you might be able to tell why people say it’s indigo. Look at the shimmer that turns up. It’s definitely blue!


I decided to stamp on it. I used a Moyou London stamping plate called Back to the 80’s-04 and I stamped with Color Club’s Angel Kiss from their Halo Hues collection. It’s a baby blue linear holo. Take a look at what that ended up looking like:


Look at the pretty rainbows on the beautiful purple:


One last shot, just because this turned out so nice:

  
I really like Cirque’s polishes. They make great colours and finishes! Have you got Baptisia yourself? If yes, is yours purple or indigo?


Opacity: 8/10
Colour, prettiness: 8/10
Durability: 8/10
Value for money: 8/10
Overall: 8/10
Buy again: Yes

18 comments:

  1. WOOOW! this pretty purple looks very cool on you! and I like the holo stamping :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous color and finish! Purple is a difficult one to get right in photos, usually requires correction. Love the stamping too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it's odd that purple acts like that on pictures :) The first time I saw a purple that looked like blue on a pic I thought there was something wrong with my cam! :D

      Delete
  3. Soooo gorgeous! I love love love it! beautiful stamping too, just such a wonderful combo!

    ReplyDelete
  4. now that is one gorgeous purple! Your stamping is awesome as well!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The final look is so festive! :)

    ReplyDelete