Saturday, December 7, 2013

Cirque ~ Baptisia


Cirque ~ Baptisia
Deep purple with indigo shimmer

7th of December! Only two weeks till Christmas! Edgy Polish celebrates that by giving a special offer on Cirque polishes. I was sent Baptisia so I can show you how pretty it is.

Baptisia is described as a shimmery midnight indigo. It’s most definitely purple to me – but the shimmer is indigo, so perhaps it depends on what angle you see it from!

Anyway – application was a little bit tricky. The polish dries fast, so it was a challenge to work faster than I’m really comfortable with. It’s totally worth the extra effort though! The polish dries up a little bit dull, so I applied a layer of Poshé topcoat before I took my pictures. The pigmentation is good – I used two layers of polish to reach the desired result.

Enough talk; here’s what two layers of Baptisia and one layer of Poshé topcoat looks like:


Baptisia is – like many other purples – really hard to catch right in photos.
It turned up blue on the pictures, so I had to correct them into the colour I actually see on my nails. It’s definitely purple, isn’t it?


If I turn on my flash, you might be able to tell why people say it’s indigo. Look at the shimmer that turns up. It’s definitely blue!


I decided to stamp on it. I used a Moyou London stamping plate called Back to the 80’s-04 and I stamped with Color Club’s Angel Kiss from their Halo Hues collection. It’s a baby blue linear holo. Take a look at what that ended up looking like:


Look at the pretty rainbows on the beautiful purple:


One last shot, just because this turned out so nice:

  
I really like Cirque’s polishes. They make great colours and finishes! Have you got Baptisia yourself? If yes, is yours purple or indigo?


Opacity: 8/10
Colour, prettiness: 8/10
Durability: 8/10
Value for money: 8/10
Overall: 8/10
Buy again: Yes

This polish was sent to me for an honest review from Edgy Polish

If you are interested in Cirque’s polishes, then you should check out Edgy Polish’s webshop right now! All Cirque polishes are on special today! You get 20% off – but only until midnight (Swedish time) tonight!

You can find more info on Edgy Polish’s Facebook page, link here.

18 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you so much - I really like it too! :)

      Delete
  2. WOOOW! this pretty purple looks very cool on you! and I like the holo stamping :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you - I really loved wearing this!! :)

      Delete
  3. Gorgeous color and finish! Purple is a difficult one to get right in photos, usually requires correction. Love the stamping too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it's odd that purple acts like that on pictures :) The first time I saw a purple that looked like blue on a pic I thought there was something wrong with my cam! :D

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Isn't it just. I really like this polish! :)

      Delete
  5. Soooo gorgeous! I love love love it! beautiful stamping too, just such a wonderful combo!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, I'm so glad to hear it :)

      Delete
  6. now that is one gorgeous purple! Your stamping is awesome as well!

    ReplyDelete