Thursday, March 13, 2014

Darling Diva ~ Blue Diamond & Early Riser



Darling Diva ~ Blue Diamond & Early Riser  
Blue holo & Dark blue holo

It has been way too long since I had Darling Diva polishes on the blog!

I was so lucky to snatch a bunch on Black Friday – and today I’m going to show you two of them.

I started out with Blue Diamond, which is a lovely sky blue holo. It’s a one coater, and man -  it dries fast! It dries so fast that I had to apply two coats to even out the irregularities I had made in my first attempt, haha! But anyway – this is seriously a first world problem, isn’t it. I used regular basecoat, and experienced no need for any other kind of basecoat. And girls – this is such a lovely shade of blue.

Take a look at two coats and no topcoat:


Pretty, yes? No? Maybe?


I think it’s so pretty that I’d be ready to wear it on its own! Lovely, isn’t it.

Fact is, that I didn’t. I taped my nails diagonally across and painted a layer of Early Riser on top of it. Early Riser was a limited edition on Black Friday-polish, and I am so glad I got it. It’s stunningly beautiful and it’s a one coater too if you’re careful with application. Here’s what that step looked like:


Do you like it so far? I even considered keeping it that way!


I had one more step before I was satisfied though. I used a dotting tool and made dots in the opposite colours. It’s a technique I’ve seen on several blogs by now, but this is my first go. I know it’s not perfect, bur seriously: I love it! Here’s the final mani, including a layer of topcoat:


One last shot of the prettiness:


I must admit that I found Black Friday a bit overwhelming. There were so many offers – and even though I sometimes just want to buy all the polish, well, then I also have to limit myself. I do need money for other things as well. Bearing that in mind, I *am* glad that I saw Darling Diva having a sale that day. I’m very pleased with all the polish I ordered there, and now you’ve seen two of them. Do you like them? And have you tried this dotting technique yourself? If you have, please share tips and tricks in the comments below.





Number of coats: 2 – but 1 is actually enough for both polishes
Drying time: fast
Durability: Good
Overall impression: Both are really pretty blue holos – and both remain pretty when out of the sunlight/flashlight
Buy again: Yes

10 comments:

  1. Love both of this colors and to combine them is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a really cool mani, lovely color combo too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much - I'll definitely try this again with other polishes :)

      Delete
  3. Wow some pretty blues <3
    Lovely mani! Looks great! I have been wanting to try the design for a while as well :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much :) I'm looking forward to seeing your take on this design. I love it! :)

      Delete
  4. This manicure is stunning! <333

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooh how pretty! The colors look fantastic together, and I especially love the final result with the dots. It looks like puzzle pieces fitting together. :)

    ~ Yun

    ReplyDelete