Sunday, March 16, 2014

Darling Diva ~ Killer Queen



Darling Diva ~ Killer Queen
purple to blue/orange/red/golden duochromatic and holographic


She's a Killer Queen
Gunpowder, gelatine
Dynamite with a laser beam
Guaranteed to blow your mind
Anytime!

Sounds promising, doesn’t it? The lyrics are Queen’s – and Darling Diva made a tribute to the band by making polishes named after some really cool songs. Allow me to show you “Killer Queen” – a spectacular polish in many ways.

The formula is great. The polish is easy to apply, it dries relatively fast and it covers well. I used two coats for these pictures. I had no sun available, so I took the first pictures with a flash, and dagnabbit, the polish went crazy! Bling and rainbows and prettiness everywhere!! It’s amazing!

Take a look – here’s two coats and no topcoat:


Is that cool or what?


The rainbows aren’t shy, that’s for sure!


Here’s what it looks like in lower lights and without flash. The polish then reveals itself as a multichromatic that flashes more colours than just blurple.


I stamped on it. I used a circle motif from the XL stamping plate “H” and I stamped with my ole faithful Chinese OPI copy “Suzi skis in the Pyrenees”. I sealed the whole thing up with Poshé topcoat and here’s the final mani taken with flash:


And the same thing in low lights:


And look what happens with the colours if I flick my fingers like this:


I didn’t catch anywhere near as many colours as Killer Queen flashed in real life, but trust me when I say that this is a spectacular polish indeed.  

Guaranteed to blow your mind. Anytime! ;)

That’s my opinion anyway. What say you?


Number of coats: 2 easy ones
Drying time: fast
Durability: Good
Overall impression: Amazing holographic colour shifter. It’s a plus that it’s got the name of a Queen song!
Buy again: Definitely

15 comments:

  1. Killer Queen looks so pretty! Love the final result with stamping!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you - I'm really liking this polish as well :)

      Delete
  2. WOW she really knows to be pretty too, that Killer Queen - very mysterious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She is a total chameleon, very changeable. I like her! :)

      Delete
  3. Really like the stamping here!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! To both the polish and the mani :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Had this polish been ugly I would have still wanted it just because of the Queen reference! This polish if I do say so myself is extraordinarily nice! I wish i could get my hands on this :/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why can't you get your hands on it? Can I be of any assistance perhaps? :)

      Delete
  6. Looks amazing stamped! :)
    P.S. I love Queen's song Killer Queen :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you - and so do I. Everytime I go back to this post, I find myself humming the song :D

      Delete