Tuesday, March 18, 2014

KB Shimmer ~ Excuse me, I Blurpled



KB Shimmer ~ Excuse me, I Blurpled  
Blurple jelly base with blue and purple multisized glitters and hexes

Today I’m going to show you a pretty polish from KB Shimmer. It’s a dark blueish purple, or indeed purplish blue – let’s just call it a blurple, and it’s got a fair amount of glitters and hexagons in.

The formula is good for a jelly. It looks completely uneven after the first coat, but the second coat smooths everything out and it just looks perfect. Drying time between coats is really good too. It looks as if the polish dries up a tone darker on the nails than it is in the bottle.

I applied a layer of topcoat before I took the pictures.

So, here’s two coats of Excuse Me, I Blurpled plus one layer of topcoat:


It’s deep, and I love the way the glitters peek through the jelly.


It’s a little dark though, so I decided to brighten it up a bit. I made some stripes with a metallic pink striper first:


That helped a little bit on the darkness of the original polish.


But now I needed something to make this mani a whole. I applied a layer of Iocaine Powder from LynBDesigns. It’s a topper with small flakies, microfine holographic powder and microfine iridescent glitter.

And that helped to tie it all together. Here’s my final mani:


The topper overwhelms the glitter in the base polish, but to be honest I don’t mind so much.


Here are the polishes I used:


I love it when it turns out good even though I didn’t know where it would end when I started the mani. I think these three polishes are great together, they compliment each other well!


Number of coats: 2
Drying time: fast
Durability: I don’t know – I dented this a couple of hours after I made the mani
Overall impression: This is a great jelly. A little bit dark, but I like the quality!
Buy again: Nah

21 comments:

  1. What a hilarious name :D - and the she punished it by drowning it in glitters and stripes, but I have to admit it looks cool!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. AHahahaha yes, I sometimes wish I could let the polishes just sit on my nails all alone, but they demand to share the space with their sisters :D

      Delete
  2. Each polish is stunning by themselves but together it looks edgy. I love the finish with flakes it adds coolness to this mani!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad to hear that - I think it ended up pretty cool too :)

      Delete
  3. I love the name of the polish! And the color is so very much me as well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The name of this polish is hilarious and it looks so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This manicure looks really cute and the nail polish from KBShimmer is gorgeous :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful polish! And a very cute mani :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a gorgeous look! I really love the addition of Iocaine Powder. Those flakies are so gorgeous. The pop of pink is cute too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm really pleased with toppers like Iocaine Powder - they really ad to a mani :)

      Delete
  8. completely amazing color! i just fell in love with it! *_*

    ReplyDelete
  9. The polish is really fantastic by itself! :D

    ReplyDelete