Friday, March 7, 2014

OPI Spotlight on Glitter swatches



Spotlight on Glitter is a new collection from OPI. There are six polishes in the collection and I chose to buy three of them. I have decided to use the same purple polish as underwear for all three of them – I figured that purple would go well with all three of them.

I’ll start out with I Reached My Gold. It’s a clear base with Large gold hexes and smaller holo glitters.

I applied a single coat of I Reached My Gold and topped it with a layer of topcoat. The large hexes aren’t shy and I didn’t have to fish for them. It’s a bit tricky to place them right on the nails though, but nothing that a glitter addict like myself can’t handle.

Take a look at how it looks over purple:


Gold and purple go really well together, I think. There is one thing in particular that I don’t like about this polish though…


Lots of the hexes are curling and I’m not a taco glitter fan. I don’t know if it’s intentional, but if I had known it I wouldn’t have bought the polish!


Verdict:
I’ll probably get rid of this glitter again. I mean, I really wanted to like it because I don’t have anything like it in my collection, but the taco glitter totally puts me off.


The next one up is Blush Hour. That’s a pink tinted base, but this time with purple and pink glitters in it.

Application was really easy and what you see on my nails is the result of one dip in the bottle per nail. No need to dap the glitter around, it just spreads out perfectly. I topped it with a layer of topcoat before I took my pictures.


Again, I think the purple base colour suits this glitter so well.


It’s been a while since I bought glitters, and I really like this one.


Verdict:
Blush Hour was the polish I expected the most of and it didn’t disappoint. I love the colour combo and the density of the glitter, so yes, this one is a keeper!



I honestly didn’t mean to buy more than two from the Spotlight on Glitter-collection. But then I saw this one, Desperately Seeking Sequins. I did notice on the pictures I saw that this polish contains bar glitter, which I am not a big fan of, but seriously – I had to buy a polish with a name like that. It also contains holo hexes and glitters.

Here is one coat over my purple:


The bar glitter is obvious on the pictures, but it wasn’t at all that obvious in real life.


One last picture of the prettiness.


Verdict:
No doubt: This is a keeper even though it contains bar glitter. I’m looking forward to stamp over this and to use it in a glitter gradient.

And here is a bonus picture of the underwear: Golden Rose Matte Velvet #107, just a single coat:


Were you tempted to buy any glitters from this collection yourself?

18 comments:

  1. Well, you know me - I'll choose the gorgeous purple over glitter any day :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I knew you'd say that! It is a lovely purple indeed! :)

      Delete
  2. Blush Hour is amazing! You've inspired me to go crazy with glitter polish this weekend when I can break out of the work-appropriate mode :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's great to hear! I have been neglecting my glitters lately because of all the holos. I'll change that for sure :)

      Delete
  3. I love I Reached My Gold! Don't be desperate about the curling of the tacos. I have read on other blogs that the curling tacos from last years release When Monkeys Fly no longer curl!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really? That's amazing! I'll keep it in the box for a while then, and see if it changes :)

      Delete
  4. I have a similar polish from Golden Rose like I Reached My Gold and I hate it because it caught's in everithing. My personal favorite is Blush Hour!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would definitely need another layer of topcoat to actually wear this. I tend to pick if I can feel the corner of a glitter sticking up :D

      Delete
  5. I'm like Maria. The purple polish is the nicest in this post ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. All of them look so beautiful over purple!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I'm so glad to hear you like them :)

      Delete
  7. I love glitter! And these 3 are all beautiful. I will agree though that the "taco glitter" (as you put it) is a dealbreaker for me too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) This actually is a pretty cool collection for glitter lovers like myself. :)

      Delete
  8. Quite interesting glitters! But I think that Blush Hour is a winner :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally agree with you - it IS a cool glitter :)

      Delete
  9. Blush Hour is my favorite of the three that you posted. It's a really cute color!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's what I thought when I bought it, and it didn't disappoint :)

      Delete