Sunday, March 9, 2014

Glittering Elements ~ Mistletoe Kisses


Glittering Elements ~ Mistletoe Kisses  
Dark green linear holo

This seems to be an endless row of Glittering Elements posts, doesn’t it? Well, I happen to like the brand – and decided to try all the ones I bought shortly after one another.

Mistletoes Kisses is a lovely rich, dark green. Application is easy. None of the Glittering Elements holos need a special aqua basecoat – any ol’ basecoat will do. No dragging, no bald spots, no problems with application at all. Drying time is pretty fast – a huge plus in my book, as you know. And there’s absolutely nothing wrong with opacity either – two coats is what it takes to make this look really pretty! Very cool indeed, all the right boxes are ticked, for sure.

Take a look for yourself. Here’s two coats and no topcoat:


That is a lovely green if you ask me!


And the rainbows are just fantastic. These three first pictures are taken with flash:


The rainbow flame doesn’t die in low light. Take a look at this picture, that’s taken without flash:


Quite impressive, don’t you think?

I decided to stamp some kisses on it! I used a Mentality stamping polish called Sly. It’s a pink holo. I found the various kisses on a Fauxnad stamping plate called KD16. And here’s the final mani; real mistletoe kisses for you ;)


This last picture is taken without flash, so you can see the kisses better.



Verdict:
I only have positive words to say about Mistletoe Kisses. I love the colour, dark and intense and beautiful. The formula is as close to perfect as it gets, and the drying time is fast. Oh, did I mention that I love the rainbows? No? Well – I do!


Number of coats: 2
Drying time: Fast
Durability: Good
Removal: Nothing worth mentioning!
Overall impression: This is the perfect Christmas green holo!
Buy again: Yes

8 comments:

  1. This is so pretty! I really need to invest in some darker holos like this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like this green, I don't have another holo quite this colour :)

      Delete
  2. You can add this to list of Glittering Elements you need to send to me :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *takes notes* Okay dear, anything else you want, now that we're at it? :D

      Delete
  3. What a beauty! I would be perfect for x-mas :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this mani! :)

    ReplyDelete