Monday, March 10, 2014

Musical Mani Monday, week 4: Robbie Williams ~ Candy

I’ve been looking forward to making this week’s challenge mani! I knew that I wasn’t going to do the “traditional” red and white striped hard peppermint candy – I had something completely different in mind.

Today I am going to introduce you to some Danish hard candy called Sismofytter. It’s a candy that has existed since the beginning of the 1970s, it’s green, pink and black and it tastes absolutely horrible in my opinion! :D

Ladies, here are two “Sismofytter” with my matching nails:


Aren’t they just cute? Here’s what the bag they come in look like:


I used two NailNation 3000 polishes for this mani. The magenta one is Fan-Tabulous, which I showed here. The green is Glow Worm, which I showed you here.


What I did was to paint my nails and then tape my nails with these round stickers. I think they’re for price tags, but they’re bought for nail art :)


When the nails were taped I painted with the opposite colour. The green one wasn’t quite opaque enough for this stunt, so I had to apply a fairly thick coat before I removed the stickers again, haha.


Here’s a glowing flash picture. I love these cutelings.


I made the thumb cross eyed :D



Have a lolly!


Here is what the two polishes looked like before I started the nail art.


That was the fourth challenge in my Music Mani Monday. Stay tuned next week to see how I interpret Back to the 80s with Aqua!

Please check out what the other girls made: 


25 comments:

  1. OMG - they are so darn cute, and look how mischievous they look, so well done my friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you co much, I'm glad to hear that, because I was SO pleased with it!

      Delete
  2. I totally love this manicure! And the song as well. I have never seen those candys before.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I must admit that I like the song too :)

      Delete
  3. What a great inspiration, I never heard about these candy's. You created a very cute mani!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You have no idea how happy I am to hear that, thank you :)

      Delete
  4. I love this! They are SO cute! :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Replies
    1. Thanks - I have to agree - I love them myself! :)

      Delete
  6. Those are absolutely adorable! The candies look good too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I like the nails more than I like the candies :D

      Delete
  7. You can just come over here with that bag of Sismofytter and I'll eat them for you ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Btw, your nails are WAY cute!!!

      Delete
    2. Hahaha, thank you for volunteering to help me out with the candy! :D

      And thank you so much, that pleases me a lot to hear :)

      Delete
  8. Ooooooooh, how cute are these!? So sweet, I understand why you were eager to share these :D
    Also, the ones with a green bottom remind me of Donatello from Ninja Turtles ;D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, right? I could hardly wait for Monday morning to arrive :D
      Oh yeah that's right - that does look like TMNT! :D

      Delete
  9. How cute! :D
    P.S. Why do these candies taste horrible? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :)
      I think the candies taste like I imagine cleansing agents would taste, yuck :D

      Delete
  10. Huhu! The cuttiest mani I've ever seen. Very cool and nice! ^_^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm happy that you like it, I think they're super cute too :)

      Delete
  11. I love Sismofytter! It's my favorite :P

    ReplyDelete