Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Pretty Serious x 3



Pretty Serious x 3
A variety of prettiness

Today I want to show you three different Pretty Serious polishes that have been sitting in the box of untrieds for a little while. Today is the day where they are going to shine!


Let’s start with Creature Crush, an almost black jelly base with large black and silver holographic hex glitter.

The formula is good and easy to work with, and the glitter spreads out easily. Drying time is good, no worries in that department. I applied a layer of topcoat before taking these pictures.

Here’s two coats + one layer of topcoat:


Usually I’m not that much into black polishes, but all the glitter makes me really like this.


It’s like a beautiful night sky isn’t it?!


Verdict: This one is a winner! I’ve come to like Pretty Serious’ polishes so much that they’re on my top three list over indie polishes I like the best.


Next one up is Crystal Lake. That’s a blue base crammed with blue glitter in various sizes.


I must say that the formula was quite a challenge! This is the first time I’ve really experienced that with a Pretty Serious! The base was so packed with glitters that it was difficult to spread it out evenly. It took three coats before this was opaque, and the drying time between the coats became slower and slower.

Here’s three coats + a layer of topcoat:


And a slightly brighter pic:


One last picture. It is a pretty polish after all!


Crystal Lake comes with a warning:
Warning: We take no responsibility for any possible bloody mishaps that may occur while drinking, doing drugs or having pre-marital sex while wearing this polish.

O_o

Verdict: I won’t use this polish on its own again, it is to thick for that. It’s a really cool glitter, but next time I’ll be wearing it over a similar blue, and then with just one coat of glitter over it. Plus, if it interferes with my drugs, drinking and pre-marital sex....*shrugs* (anyway – I prefer extra-marital, myself).


Last one for today is Liquid Leprechaun. That’s a green jelly base with multi sized golden and green glitters in it. Do you want to know how it’s made? Here goes:

Not all leprechauns are cheerful little Irish fellows waiting to have a pint of Guinness with you at the end of the rainbow for St Patrick's Day! Most are fearsome little munchkins that are looking to get you for stealing their pot of gold! So we threw a bunch of them in the blender and made some nail polish...

The formula is great, I had no problems with application at all. It took two easy coats to make it opaque and the drying time between the coats was average.

And girls, this is a must have if you’re into radioactive looking greens!

Take a look at two coats + a layer of topcoat:


I’m impressed. I’m not even into golden polishes but this is gorgeous!


Here’s a slightly blurred pic to show off the holo glitters.


Verdict: Yes please! I love everything about this polish! Win, win, win!

Buy again: Yes


I bought these polishes on norwaynails.com.
You can find more info on NorwayNail’s Facebook page, link here.

Norway Nails have kindly offered my readers a 10% discount code. Just use the code RAINBOWIFYME10 at checkout, and you'll be getting 10% off your purchase.

14 comments:

  1. such a pretty glitters! totally yours :) they're all looks cool on you! i loooove the black polish and the brightness of green polish :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The green is amazing, I love that so much! :) And thanks - I sometimes forget my glitters because of all the holos :D

      Delete
  2. The green is too yellow based for my liking - but GAH, the other two are gorgeous :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, yes, I've noticed that you want your yellows alone and not in greens :D

      Delete
  3. Wow I loooove Crystal Lake and Liquid Leprechaun! Sooo beautiful. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love Pretty Serious' polishes, their glitters are so cool :)

      Delete
  4. My goodness, how lovely are these though! I also do not really fancy blacks, but when they have something extra going for them, I find myself saying YESSSSSSSSSSSSS

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's exactly how I feel too! There needs to be something extra, and this one has it! :D

      Delete
  5. I like all three of these polishes. Pretty Serious is a really good brand in my opinion.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really like the brand too, it's on my top ten Indie-list! :)

      Delete
  6. I like all of them. That green is a must have.

    ReplyDelete
  7. All 3 very beautifel, but I think Crystal Lake is my favorite :)

    ReplyDelete