Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Orly ~ Purple Poodle



Orly ~ Purple Poodle
Bright fuchsia jelly with blue and purple shimmer, and purple glitter

I haven’t bought (or worn) Orly polishes for ages! And Orly was even one of the two brands that really started this polish obsession. Color Club was the other brand.

But anyway – Purple Poodle is from the Surreal Collection from Autumn 2013, and the only one I bought from that collection. It’s a jelly but I couldn’t resist the colour!

I have actually read quite a few bad reviews of this polish, but I must say that I don’t have many complaints. The formula is pretty good for a jelly – easy to work with and builds up the opacity in three coats. Drying time is average. I applied a layer of Poshé topcoat before I took my pictures.

So, here it is in all its glory: Purple Poodle, three coats plus one layer of Poshé topcoat:


I swoon a little every time I look at my nails. I love, love, love this colour!


The blue in the purple is simply gorgeous!


I decided to add a little bit of extra bling to it by applying a layer of a glitter from Golden Rose Care + Strong, #165. It’s a clear base with fuchsia glitter and holo bar glitter. I applied one coat of that, and here’s my final mani:


I am not usually a fan of bar glitter, but this is sparse enough for me to actually like it.


Here are the two polishes I used:


Ahh, it feels good to wear Orly again. I wish they’d start making some really cool holographics!!


Number of coats: 3
Drying time: Average
Finish: Easy to work with jelly
Overall impression: I love the colour of this polish, and the shimmer and added glitter just looks magic. It would have been nice with a two coater, but I can live with three!
Buy again: Yes

8 comments:

  1. I love the addition of the bar glitters (and that's weird since I don't like bar glitters hahaha) - but the result seems so right :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have you reviewed a similar purple before? I feel like I've seen something close to this on here. Either way, it is very pretty :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I probably have, I just can't think of which one this reminds you of :)

      Delete
  3. I am not a big fan of bar glitter, exactly like you, but I love the Orly polish shimmer!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful polishes! I wish Orly would make holos too :)

    ReplyDelete