Thursday, March 6, 2014

OPI ~ Muppets Most Wanted for Spring 2014 - swatches



It’s been three years since OPI released their first Muppet-collection, which I liked a lot.

This new collection has 8 polishes in it, but however much I really wanted to like them, I just didn’t. There is a pearly white, a peach, a pale pink, a vague duochrome, a baby pink glitter, a weird coloured glitter. And then there’s a beautiful blue and a silver glitter. I bought the two last ones.


The first one I’ll show you is Miss Piggy’s Big Number. It’s a gorgeous vibrant blue. I did consider more than once if I really needed this, because I do have quite a lot of blue polishes in my stash. But now that I actually have it, I don’t regret one bit that I bought it. It’s really different!

The formula is quite good. The first coat seems a bit thin, but the next builds the polish up to opaqueness really nicely. The finish is a bit frosty, and there are a few brushstrokes visible, but it looks worse in the pictures than it actually is. I swear that my camera sees things that aren’t visible for the human eye!!

Here is two coats and a layer of topcoat:


Isn’t that just vibrant and pretty?


This is so my kind of blue.


Verdict:
Yes, yes, yes. I love everything about this polish!

I did wonder why the blue polish of the collection would be named after Miss Piggy now that there are so many pinks that would have suited her better. But then I saw the box that you can buy my two polishes in: Romancing the Frog. Her dress is this beautiful blue colour. Take a look:



And the next polish up, Muppets World Tour, is the second half of the set. It’s a textured glitter coat with a bit of sand and some tiny coloured confetti bits. I have a friend who said to me “It looks a bit like snow with garbage in it!” Hahaha, charming, isn’t it! :D

I do believe that it’s possible to get it opaque on its own, but I decided to layer it over Miss Piggy’s Big Number. I applied just a single coat, just to see what it would look like. And it’s pretty, I like it. It’s nothing like snow with garbage at all :D – take a look:


I love the little coloured bits of confetti in it!


The last shot:



Verdict:
Yes again! I can see this polish used in combination with so many other colours and finishes.

Did you get any of the polishes from the Muppets Most Wanted-collection, or do you also think that the first Muppet-collection was cooler?

16 comments:

  1. I love that blue too - and much to your surprise of course - I prefer it without the glitter ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am not a big blue fan but this polish is shinny and bright with an amazing shade and toped with the coloured confetti looks super special!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I am glad to hear that you like it. I love blues, and am glad I got this polish :)

      Delete
  3. Beautiful blue indeed <3 And I love it with the glitter on :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was exited to see more of this collection. The blue is stunning. And the glitter is nice, too! Can't wait to see more!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These two polishes is a nice addition to my stash, so I'm glad I bought them :)

      Delete
  5. blue is really outstanding! I love such colors <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. Vibrant is the perfect word to describe that blue--it's amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Didn't get any from this collection . In fact I think its been a few months that I haven't bought any polishes. I like the glitter. The blue looks a bit frosty to me :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I should stop buying polishes for a couple of month too, really! :)

      Delete
  8. Amazing blue! And glitter! :)

    ReplyDelete