Friday, March 14, 2014

Lilypad Lacquer ~ Steeling Blue & Pink Sugar



Lilypad Lacquer ~ Steeling Blue & Pink Sugar  
Jeans blue with holo effect & Barbie pink linear holo

Alright – it’s Lilypad time again!! Two of them this time, because sometimes life is just too short to wear one polish at a time!

I applied two coats of each colour alternately on my nails – and I reversed the colours on the other hand. The formula is great – no complaints from me. I’ll be very surprised if I ever come across a Lilypad where the formula is bad! Drying time is average, coverage is good.

Enough talk, here’s two coats, no topcoat:


The holo effect is different in the two polishes. The pink one is linear, which is amazingly pretty, and the blue one has got a different effect. I would love to see the blue with the linear holo effect too!


But anyway – I spent most of my afternoon considering what to do with this pretty base. I ended up doing dots; but only on the pink nails. I used Steeling Blue for the dots, and I must admit that I like the end result.

Here’s what it ended up looking like. There’s a layer of topcoat to seal it all up.


And one last shot:


Here are the sisters in crime:


Pink and blue go really well together, and I always love dots. So all in all this ended up really nice, don’t you think?


Number of coats: 2
Drying time: average
Durability: Good
Overall impression: Great quality polishes in cool colours. No complaints from me!
Buy again: Yes


You can buy Lilypad Lacquer at norwaynails.com.

Norway Nails have kindly offered my readers a 10% discount code. Just use the code RAINBOWIFYME10 at checkout, and you'll be getting 10% off your purchase.

8 comments:

  1. Such a pretty blue, I couldn't resist ordering it, and yet haven't worn it yet. :O

    After St Patrick's Day....it's on! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've got to stop ordering more polishes soon - I've got so many pretties I haven't worn yet :/

      Delete
  2. How cute looks this colors combination and the model is really pretty too :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a pretty mani - that pink is so delicate!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) I really like it combined with the blue.

      Delete
  4. I think this ended super nice! ;)

    ReplyDelete