Thursday, March 27, 2014

Ellagee ~ Plum GEE-nius



Ellagee ~ Plum GEE-nius
Deep plum purple linear holo

It’s nice to own something special! Plum GEE-nius is a special polish, because it was only for sale for the members of a Facebook fan group.

And what can I say? It’s purple, it’s holographic and it’s an Ellagee. A must-buy if you ask me!

The formula is a bit on the thick side, but I don’t mind that. I did struggle a bit with the first coat to make that even, but I didn’t have to worry, because the second coat evened out all my little irregularities. The polish dries up fast.

Hold your breath girls, because now I’m going to show you how pretty this polish is. Two coats – and the picture is taken with flash:


A closer look shows some amazing rainbows!


Here’s a picture taken in low lights. It shows how deep the purple really is.




And here’s a daylight picture, no sun. This shows the actual colour of the polish pretty good. 


I stamped on it, and I used a metallic silver from Kiko, #616, from the Mirror collection as my stamping polish. I found the motif on a stamping plate from Moyou London called Pro Collection-02.

I sealed it up with a topcoat from Ellagee as well. It’s a fast drying topcoat called “Glass”, that I thought I’d try out.

Here’s the final result:



Flash picture:


I love how it looks with that stamp. It’s as if the holo is behind bars! :D


And this is how the mani looks in low light:


Verdict:
Plum GEE-nius is a great polish; I am so glad that I was so lucky to be able to buy it. Great quality, pretty colour, really good drying time – what is there not to love.

The topcoat, Glass, also deserves a few words here. I’m a really faithful Poshé user and I really like H K Girl topcoat too. But I’m always curious to try out new topcoats. I want my topcoat to be fast drying and I don’t want it to smear my stampings or other nail art designs.

So what I did to test out Glass was to apply a layer of it on my nails just after finishing the stamping. I didn’t give it extra time to dry. And I applied the topcoat like I would apply a normal polish. I didn’t take extra care or use lighter brush strokes; I just applied.

I have to admit that I’m impressed! I gave the topcoat difficult conditions, and it outshone them all. No smears, no pulling on the design, superfast drying time. I think that this is a serious competitor to both Poshé and H K Girl!


Number of coats: 2
Drying time: fast
Durability: Really good
Overall impression: Great quality polish, cool colour, superfast drying time!
Buy again: Yes

14 comments:

  1. Wow! How many polishes have you got? This is also an amasing color :)))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really don't know how many polishes I've got, but let's just say that I've got a lot :)

      Delete
  2. A holo behind bars hehe. I like it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is gorgeous indeed - very much so, and I love the stamping!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful polish and stamping :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely holo shimmers and the purple look amazing :) Nice stamping.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful color and always nice to have something really special :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I definitely think so too. Like a little gem in the collection :)

      Delete
  7. The result is fantastic!

    ReplyDelete