Saturday, March 29, 2014

Pahlish ~ The Ghost Shift



Pahlish ~ The Ghost Shift
Darkened silver holographic with gunmetal grey

Do you ever buy a polish and think it’s one colour, and when it actually arrives it turns out to be a different colour than expected? That’s what happened to me when I bought The Ghost Shift. I thought it was blue – in fact: I was sure it was blue. But when it showed up it turned out to be silver. Oh well!

The formula is good and fast drying. The polish actually dries so fast that you have to work pretty quickly in order to no end up with lumps of polish on your nails :)

When I look at my pictures I understand why I thought it was blue. The holo flame is blue, and I’ve been seeing pictures of this polish in either sunshine or taken with flash.

Let me show you what two coats and no topcoat looks like. This picture is taken with flash:


And this one is also taken with flash:


You also get to see what the polish looks like in low light. There are still rainbows but the grey is more muted.


I wanted blue, and blue is what it’s going to be. I grabbed a blue holo from Nabi Rainbow Effect called “Navy Blue”. I applied a layer over the silver, and before it dried I used a kitchen sponge to sponge some of the Nabi away again, leaving the silver visible through the blue. A layer of Poshé topcoat completed the picture:


I really like the way the silver shows through the blue.


And the picture taken in lower lights and without flash:



I’m not sure whether to keep The Ghost Shift or not. It is pretty for sure, but I can’t shake off the disappointment of it being non-blue:D


Number of coats: 2
Drying time: Fast
Finish: Linear holo with flecks
Overall impression: It’s not blue!
Buy again: No     

You can buy Pahlish polishes from Edgy Polish
You can find more info on Edgy Polish’s Facebook page, link here.

4 comments:

  1. The Ghost Shift is an absolutely perfect name for that mysterious and interesting polish - maybe not rally my color, but interesting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think that it's cool to move outside the comfort zone once in a while - sometimes you get quite surprising results out of it :)

      Delete
  2. Love the holo mix! :)

    ReplyDelete