Sunday, March 23, 2014

Nail Pattern Boldness ~ Don’t Drop that Spoon



Nail Pattern Boldness ~ Don’t Drop that Spoon
Turqouise and golden green matte glitters in a clear base

Don’t Drop that Spoon is another polish that has been sitting in my box of untrieds for quite a while. I need to buy fewer polishes or grow more nails!

Anyway! Don’t Drop that Spoon is a layering polish, but I wanted to create the illusion that it isn’t. I started out with a matching base colour, namely a matte velvet from Golden Rose. It hasn’t got a name, only a number: 105. It’s a green/teal matte packed with shimmer. It’s absolutely gorgeous and the best thing about it? It’s a one coater! It applies easily, dries fast and looks great. I don’t know what more to ask for in a polish.

Take a look, one coat of Golden Rose Matte Velvet #105:


I love it!

Then I applied the first layer of Don’t Drop that Spoon. The glitter is easy to apply; it spreads out easily and effortlessly. The drying time is pretty average. Here’s what it looks like after just one coat:


It wasn’t quite glittering enough for me though, so I applied a second layer, and on top of that a layer of Poshé topcoat. Here’s that step:


What say you? Haven’t I created the illusion that I was able to make Don’t Drop that Spoon opaque on its own? I think I have!


Here’s a macro shot of two layer of glitter over the Golden Rose. On this pic it’s easy to see the shimmer from the underlying polish blend in with the glitter on top.


A girl can never have too much glitter! I added another glitter: Layla Ceramic Effect CE55. It’s a golden/coppery multisized glitter. When I received it in a swap a long time ago I thought that it was really pretty (I still do!) but I wasn’t sure if it was too golden for me or what. I’ve used it a couple of times by now, so I guess that it *is* me after all, haha!

I made a reversed glitter gradient and sealed the whole thing up with another layer of topcoat. Here’s my final mani:


On last shot – I love glitter on glitter!


And here are the pretty polishes:



Don’t Drop that Spoon can be used over a variety of different colours in my opinion. I enjoyed being able to find that match with the Golden Rose. What say you, dear girls? Is this a great match or what?


Number of coats: 2 over a base colour
Drying time: Average
Finish: Matte glitter in a clear base
Overall impression: This topper has got a really cool colour and is easy to work with
Buy again: Yes
  

You can buy Nail Pattern Boldness polishes from Edgy Polish – they ship internationally.
You can find more info on Edgy Polish’s Facebook page, link here.

12 comments:

  1. Oh, that final combo is simply so gorgeous and posh - beautiful my friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much - I really enjoyed doing this one :)

      Delete
  2. mmmm... the gold glitters are my favourite :) I love gold!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think this glitter looks more interesting with Layla :) awesome combo! I like it :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It's very seldom I wear my polishes "plain" - and you know I love glitter :)

      Delete
  4. Totally a great match!!!! Loved the Layla glitter touch as well <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. How cute looks this manicure. I love it

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love all 3 polishes and they go really well together :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm really glad that you like them - I think they look cool together too :D

      Delete