Sunday, March 30, 2014

Pahlish ~ Olea Europaea



Pahlish ~ Olea Europaea
Blackened olive holographic with gold shimmer

This is the last of the Pahlish polishes from my box of untried for now. Olive is not usually my colour, but I sometimes like to push myself a little bit colourwise, so it won’t all end up in teal and purple here.

Anyway, the formula is good, I didn’t encounter any problems with application at all. I used two easy coats for full coverage, and drying time is also pretty good.

Here’s what Olea Europaea is all about; two coats and no topcoat, the picture is taken with flash:


The rainbows are so pretty!


The holo effect is quite strong in this polish, I like that!


Here’s what the polish look like in my light box:


I decided that I might as well mix it with two other colours outside my comfort zone: Gold and yellow. I might as well take it all the way, right? I made dots in various sized from the base of my nails and halfway down. I topped it with topcoat and here’s my final mani.

Flash picture:


And from a different angle to show off the rainbows:


The flash almost killed the look of the gold. Let me turn that down for you:


And here are the three polishes I used:


I’m not quite sure that I’m going to keep Olea Europaea yet. I mean, I can see that I actually can wear it, but question is - am I going to? Decisions, decisions…


Number of coats: 2
Drying time: Pretty fast
Finish: Linear holo
Overall impression: Dark olive flashing some amazing rainbows!
Buy again: No     


You can buy Pahlish polishes from Edgy Polish
You can find more info on Edgy Polish’s Facebook page, link here.

9 comments:

  1. WOW olive and gold and pastel yellow might not be your colors (or so you say), but this looks amazingly well on you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Also Olea Europaea would be great for gradients... :)

      Delete
    2. That's actually a really good point. I'll try that at some point :)

      Delete
  2. That's a beautiful green! It's always hard for me to hate a green like this :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Such a beautiful polish! And I really love the mani. It looks so great! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful mani! I need to get some dark holo myself :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) This would look cool on you too :)

      Delete