Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Glittering Elements ~ Turn it off



Glittering Elements ~ Turn it off  
Dark teal strong linear holo

I’m going to show you a stunner! You should know by now that I have got a soft spot for teal. And that I’ve got an even softer spot for holos! If you mix the two – well, then I’m pretty much just over the moon!

Allow me to show you “Turn it off”!

Formula is great! I used my regular basecoat, and the polish just glided right on. The opacity is really good. If you’re in a hurry you can get away with one coat – but a second coat enhances the depth of the colour, so that’s what I’ll recommend. Drying time between coats is fast, yay!

I think this polish is so pretty that I think I took a gazillion pictures to be able to show you what an amazing this polish is.

Two coats, no topcoat, the picture is taken with flash:



A-mah-zing! Look at that holo flame!!


<happy sigh> I could stare at this for hours and hours!


Okay, one last picture with flash!


Turn it off is also amazing in lower lights. Here’s a picture taken without flash for ya:


I decided to pair it up with a glitter. I used CrowsToes “Absolum – your potions master” and I sponged the glitter onto my tips. I applied a layer of topcoat to tame the glitter just a little bit, and here’s the final result – the first picture is taken without flash:


And here’s a picture taken with flash. The flash “drowns” the glitter a little bit, but it’s to show you that topcoat doesn’t dull the holo effect at all.

  

Verdict:
I’ve got so many positive things to say about this polish. If I shall make it short, then I’ll just say that this polish might end up on my top ten most liked polishes of 2014.


Number of coats: 2
Drying time: Fast
Durability: Good
Removal: No worries. The polish has been reported a stainer, but it didn’t leave any traces on my nails at all – so that’s cool.
Overall impression: Amazingly beautiful teal holo. I’m totally in love!
Buy again: Yes!!   

6 comments:

  1. LOL that really is a manicure that is so much you - and I love both the polish and the name :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holo and glitter ^_^, you're killing me ;D

    ReplyDelete