Sunday, March 9, 2014

Glittering Elements ~ Dragons Blood & Xmas Lights



Glittering Elements ~ Dragons Blood & Xmas Lights  
Dark wine purple with gold shimmer & Multicoloured and multisized glitter in a clear base

Today I’ve got two Glittering Elements polishes to show you! I can hardly wait!

The first one, which I used as my base, is Dragons Blood. It’s a deep dark wine purple with shimmer, and it’s actually just a bit darker than I’d normally go for. I couldn’t resist a shimmer with a name like Dragons Blood though!

The formula is great, no problems in that department. It covers almost in one single coat. I gave it two because I wanted to make sure that I didn’t leave any irregularities. Had I been more careful with the first layer, I could have got away with one, just sayin’! Drying time between the coats is average.

I decided to wait with the topcoat, so here’s two coats on it’s own.


It’s dark and vampy, and the shimmer does wonders for this polish IMO.


Flash picture to show off the lovely shimmers and to reveal the true colour of the base.


The polish also shows both blue and green tones of shimmer in certain angles.




Then I applied the second Glittering Elements: Xmas Lights. It’s a clear base with lots and lots of festive glitters in various shapes. I see blue, green, red, silver, gold, orange and holo, round, square, hexes, mini and micro – it’s got it all!

I applied one coat over each nail. And you know the drill: One dip in the bottle per nail. The glitter was easy to spread out, I didn’t push the brush around much to get it to look like I wanted it.

And here’s how that turned out:


I must admit that I didn’t think I’d like a glitter with that many colours in that much, but I do like it a lot!


This glitter would go over pretty much any colour imaginable!


And next time I might use it in a glitter gradient, I think.


So, that’s two more Glittering Elements. I can see how the brand has taken a big step up the indie ladder recently – that is such a cool thing. I’m glad to follow and see what pretties she’ll come up with next.


Number of coats: 2 – and 1 glitter
Drying time: Average
Durability: Good
Removal: No problems
Overall impression: Dragons Blood is extremely vampy and delicious, Xmas Lights is a really cool and festive glitter
Buy again: Yes

10 comments:

  1. OK, listen up, you are tempting me too much with these Glittering Elements polishes - you can keep the glitter, but Dragons Blood, Glacier and Pixie Potion and possibly more needs to come and live with me, OK :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sorry to tell you this: There's a couple of more on the way, and the last one in the row will be my favourite of the bunch for now ;)

      Delete
    2. OK, no problem - I'm happy to wait a few days before uýou ship ;)

      Delete
  2. I really like the glitter, packed though it is with so many colours. It looks amazing over such a dark colour

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does! I don't have any glitters like this, and I really like it :)

      Delete
  3. Wow Dragons Blood is gorgeous! The glitter is not really my taste though, but it looks nice with the dark color :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know that most girls wouldn't pair these two polishes, because they're like two different "groups" of polish, but I like mixing unlikely polishes :)

      Delete
  4. What a cool glitter! ^_^

    ReplyDelete