Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Glittering Elements ~ Winter Wonderland



Glittering Elements ~ Winter Wonderland  
Sky blue with purple duochrome effect and holographic microglitter

Guess what? It’s Glittering Elements again today! :D

Winter Wonderland is pretty hard to describe! It’s blue, no doubt about that, but it’s also purple – and let me tell you right away that the purple isn’t shy in real life at all. But catching it on camera is …well, very close to impossible. I’ve done my best. Stay tuned and see how it all went.

When I first pulled the brush up from the bottle, I thought the polish looked really sheer. And the first layer on the nail also looked pretty sheer. I made ready to apply another couple of layers, but when I had applied the second layer, it had magically become fully opaque! Wow! I was amazed.

The polish dries up slightly gritty because of the microglitter, so I applied a layer of topcoat before taking my pictures.

Here’s a couple of pictures taken with flash first. Two coats, one layer of topcoat:


I love the holographic touch, and the colour is so pretty.


I’m only catching the blue colour here, but it’s oh so nice on the eyes.


Here’s a picture taken in low lights. Here you can see the purple tone it’s also got. Also check out the bottle – if you look closely you can actually see both blue and purple in there.


I stamped on it. I used a motif from Moyou London’s stamping plate “Sailor Collection-07”, and I stamped with a cheap polish from H&M I bought mainly because of the cute bottle. It’s called “One Ice”, and I thought that Bambi on ice would fit “Winter Wonderland” beautifully. What do you think of this:


The more purple side of Winter Wonderland:


And the bluer side. Isn’t that H&M bottle just super cute?!


Verdict:
This polish surprised me positively. When I saw it I almost thought it was a layering polish, but this works so well on its own. I wish I could have been able to catch the purple hue better on my pictures, but you just have to trust me when I say that this is much prettier in real life than on my pictures.


Number of coats: 2
Drying time: Fast
Durability: Good
Removal: No worries
Overall impression: Really cool blue/purple effect, and I love the holo touch!
Buy again: Yes

8 comments:

  1. It's super pretty on the low light photo, where it turns kind of periwinkle, and I totally love the stamping on it, great match!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. The polish is quite spectacular - and so hard to capture on cam :)

      Delete
  2. I love the shimmer of the polish and of course you nailed it again with that beautiful stampin pattern!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely nail polish! It looks great both on its own and with stamping! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, it is fantastic to hear it :)

      Delete
  4. This nail polish looks so cute and the model is great. I love it :)

    ReplyDelete