Monday, March 31, 2014

Musical Mani Monday, week 7: Eminem feat. Rihanna ~ The Monster


This week number 7 is by far the one I’ve had the most fun with so far. First of all I needed to figure out how I wanted the song to inspire me. I went through all sorts of monsters in my head, but honestly, my freehand skills are rather limited. I can’t even draw a proper monster on paper, so drawing one on the nails seemed rather impossible.

I had almost decided to go for Frankenstein’s Monster, but all of a sudden it struck me: The cookie monster! That’s the monster I want on my nails!

And here’s what they ended up looking like:


Here’s the “real deal”:


Close? Well, close enough! I didn’t do the cookie for two reasons. 1: I knew they’d be ugly and not look like cookies, and 2: I don’t do brown polishes ;)


I did them with regular polish, no acrylic paint involved.


I want to show you how I achieved the little monsters. I started out with one coat of Julie G’s Gumdrop polish “Sleigh Ride”, which is a lovely blue texture. Cookie Monster is furry, which is why I chose a texture.


I wanted  to get a more “furry” look, so I added a coat of Divage Cosmic in the colour #9806, and before it dried I removed some of it with a makeup sponge, and here’s the more furry look I achieved:


This is the sponge, I used:


I was afraid to fuck up the mouths, so I took some pictures after having dotted the eyes on, in order to be able to post at least something if I didn’t do good with the mouths.


Here are the polishes I used:

Julie G Gumdrops “Sleigh Ride”, Divage Cosmic #9806, OPI “Alpine Snow”, Essence “Black is Back”

 I had fun making these and I loved having them on my nails! 

Here is The Monster sung by Eminem and Rihanna: 

 

That was the seventh challenge in my Music Mani Monday. Stay tuned next week to see how I interpret The Way I Are with Timbaland! 


See what the other girls made on their nails: 



18 comments:

  1. Yessss, I painted Cookie Monster, too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perfect blue for Cookie Monster..awesome job, love it :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your cookie monsters - textured polish is perfect for this :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am really glad to hear that, thank you my dear friend :)

      Delete
  4. I totally love the Cookie Monster and your manicure is so cute that I melt. More cookies for the people!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cookie Monster was my daughter favorite together with Elmo, so I will show her your mani, I am quite sure she will like it! I like the base that you created for it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really hope she liked it! It was fun making it :)

      Delete
  6. Hahaha such a great nail art! Love the cookie monster! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Okay, we all thought of the Cookie Monster - and here I thought I was having a unique thought, haha ;D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually thought the same thing! :D We're all SO unique! :D

      Delete
  8. Haha, very cool! :) You were right, the GR fuzzy glitter that I showed in my previous post would look great in this mani ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That polish would have been no less than perfect for the cookie monster :)

      Delete
  9. Yay cookie monster! I love it :D

    ReplyDelete