Monday, August 10, 2015

Colors by Llarowe ~ Connie, you saucy Minx



Colors by Llarowe ~ Connie, you saucy Minx
Bright purple packed with hot pink shimmer

This beautiful purple shimmer is from spring 2014, and I guess it has been sitting in the box of untrieds for a year. It surely doesn’t deserve that!

So today I’ll let it shine. The formula is good and the polish covers well. I used two coats for this mani. The drying time is also good. So - here’s two coats and no topcoat:



Wow! This is so beautiful!


I was in the mood for something cheerful, so I stamped on it. I found a floral motif on stamping plate BP-L005 and I stamped with stm-09 yellow neon from El Corazon’s stamping polish line. I love that line so much!

Look at how that came out:


This works for me!


Then I made a mistake: I topcoated it. Little did I know that Connie is a bleeder. That means that the purple overwhelms the neon and makes my mani look like this instead:


That is SO not what I wanted. I wanted that bright neon granny smith apple green on purple, not the dull waiting room carpet green on purple :( It also looks as if the topcoat dulled the shimmery effect and made the polish look a bit darker and less shimmery. I have never ever experienced that before. I’m SO disappointed!


Number of coats: 2
Drying time: Good
Durability: Really good
Finish: Shimmer
Overall impression: I love the colour of this, the shimmer is beautiful. I am baffled by the disappearance of the shimmer when I topcoated it
Buy again: Yes, but I won’t topcoat it again

22 comments:

  1. Oh damn, damn damn. You must have been so bummed. It was seriously spectacular before you topcoated, how disappointing! Oh well they can't all be perfect.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was seriously bummed! I was like: WHAT is happening? Oh no!!
      I loved them without the topcoat. With the topcoat not so much! :/

      Delete
  2. Great looks of Connie, wow! I like purple-green combos so sorry to see it faded when topcoated...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The polish is amazing, I don't understand how she could be so mean!

      Delete
  3. I am glad you bought out this gorgeous purple polish! It looks fantastic on your nails with the stamping and on it's own too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, I looooove this, it's just gorgeous, and I prefer this beauty on it's own. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is really gorgeous, that green is meant to be with Connie LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahaha, yes maybe that's the way it's meant to be! :D

      Delete
  6. What a pity about the topcoat because it looked so gorgeous! Ah well....

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great! This polish is so packed with shimmer!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a gorgeous purple and lovely mani! Pity about the top coat though! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was so disappointed when it started to change its colour. But now I know :)

      Delete