Wednesday, August 19, 2015

Kiko 521 ~ Pearly Ocean and 529 ~ Metallic Beetle



Kiko 521 ~ Pearly Ocean and 529 ~ Metallic Beetle
Along with H2-OHHH from NailNation 3000

Kiko deserves more love in blog land. They make really good polishes at a very reasonable price. As far as I know they have only released four holos so far – and they’ve been discontinued by now. But if they released more I am sure that more people would see what a cool brand it really is.

My boyfriend picked these two beauties for me. First 521 Pearly Ocean, which is a lovely sky blue shimmer. Easy to apply, covers well in two fast drying coats. A lovely polish for sure.

Here it is:


I like blues like this. I applied a wide stripe of 529 Metallic Beetle down the middle of each nail. It’s a very dark blue with shimmer. Then I added a striped down the middle of that with NailNation 3000’s H2-OHHH. I finished the whole thing off with a layer of topcoat, and here’s the final mani:


My pictures make the Metallic Beetle look black, but it isn’t. It’s more like blackened blue. I think the H2-OHHH completes the mani perfectly.


Here are the three beauties:



I Kiko.
  

Number of coats: 2
Drying time: Really good
Finish: Lots of shimmer
Overall impression: I love it. It’s easy to work with and beautiful too!
Buy again: Yes

20 comments:

  1. I have pearly ocean, it's a gorgeous turquoise! Nice with the stripes too, the colours work well together.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I was really pleased with how they worked together too :)

      Delete
  2. I love the end result, but the beetle is a bit too metallic for me on it's own :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally understand that. It's too dark for me on its own :)

      Delete
  3. I like opaque shimmer blues like this. I have a very old very sheer shimmer blue from Kiko and I wish it would be more opaque.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't like sheer polishes much. Even when they're really pretty I don't have the patience for all the layers. :)

      Delete
  4. Lindos demais as cores separadas. Da arte toda ainda não sei se gostei tanto, mas amei esse glitter.
    Lindo!!


    Bjim ...
    blog Usei Hoje

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice blue colour from Kiko. I only have 3 nail polishes from them:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you can get your hands on more of them you definitely should :)

      Delete
  6. Wow I really love pearly ocean. I wish I could get my hands on kiko here in Australia.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can help you out if you want. Please just let me know, either here or message me :)

      Delete
  7. These are such gorgeous Kikos. Great mani too :-D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Kiko is just a big bang in polish world <3 nice combination of colors though!

    ReplyDelete