Saturday, August 22, 2015

Emily de Molly ~ Imperfect Harmony



Emily de Molly ~ Imperfect Harmony
Periwinkle subtle linear holo

Imperfect Harmony is beautiful, period. It is from the second Holo Grail box from April 2014, the one that was called Meet the Makers pt. 2. I only bought the two first boxes. There weren’t any colour clues back then, so you only knew which brands the box contained, not which colours. It’s a relatively expensive box too, and I just hate it when I end up with polish I’m never going to use. This second box contained four polishes: This one, a beautiful magenta, a brown (ugh) and a very very pale mint green (ugh again). So basically I paid for four polishes, and I’m ever only going to wear two of them. So even though I like surprises in the shape of mystery boxes, then I still have to feel that I get value for my hard earned bucks!

Back to Imperfect Harmony: The formula is good and the polish covers in two coats. The drying time is average. The holo effect isn’t as strong as I prefer it, but it’s there. Take a look at two coats and a thin layer of topcoat taken with flash:



The colour is really pretty, I like it a lot!


Here’s a daylight picture. The colour is still nice!


I wanted to make a dotticure and I wanted the dots to be shocking pink and white. But I couldn’t get the pattern right in my head so I ended up stamping on it instead. I found a swirly motif on Moyou London’s stamping plate Princess Collection-14 and I stamped with a pink polish from Coolcos with the number 05. I sealed it all with another layer of topcoat, and here is my final mani with flash:


Daylight picture:


I really like Emily de Molly’s polishes and I really like this one even though I would have loved the holo effect to be more in your face.

Are you a fan of mystery boxes yourself?


Number of coats: 2
Drying time: Average
Finish: Subtle linear holo
Overall impression: Good quality, nice colour!
Buy again: Yes

13 comments:

  1. Wonderful shade and lovely stamping. To answer your question, I prefer to know what sits inside.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally understand that. I can't help but trying some of the secret packages too :)

      Delete
  2. It's really pretty and I love your mani :-D

    Can't say I'm a fan, I'm with Aneta on this. I like to know what is inside!!! I'm terrible with presents at Christmas lol!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha, I love surprises like that. I keep trying to guess what's inside the presents at Christmas and birthdays! :D

      Delete
  3. Combinou muito bem...amei as cores usadas.
    Lindas.


    Bjim ...
    blog Usei Hoje

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks so pretty with that lovely stamping!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I must admit that I loved the stamping myself :D

      Delete
  5. Oh you are right, there is noting imperfect about this one <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. So lovely! The stamping is a good match!

    ReplyDelete