Tuesday, August 25, 2015

Mentality ~ Neon Orange Opague



Mentality ~ Neon Orange Opague
Neon orange

Go get your sunglasses! Today’s polish is seriously neon! It’s from Metality’s Neon Opaque collection, where the polishes are also are perfect for stamping. I wasn’t in the mood for stamping today though, so today this baby is going to shine on its own.I wasn't quite sure whether to post this or not, but this is a blog and not a market place, and fact is that I had this polish on and I blog about the polishes I try.

The polish was practically opaque after the first coat and even too, unlike the other neon opaques I’ve tried. It dries fast, and looks great.

Two coats and a layer of topcoat:



I didn’t do anything to adjust the colours, the polish looks just like this, also in lower lights.


I added some neon green studs. If my nails had been a bit longer, I might have been able to fit a fifth square stud in on my ring finger :D


I love the star studs!


I had no idea that this was going to be my favourite neon opaque. But wow, I love it!

This was my favourite of all the Mentalitys I tried and it saddened me so much to return it. But seeing how Mentality's polishes made girls' nails lift of their nail beds made me scared of using it, so I returned it. I'm just glad I got through this swatching adventure without having my nails fall off. 

Also: Big thank you to Katarina from Edgy Polish for having such a great customer service. Mentality themselves totally suck at that, so it's great to have good support from the local retailer! ♥

Number of coats: 2
Drying time: Good
Finish: Semi matte neon
Overall impression: This polish knocked my socks off!!
Buy again: No, I don't dare to

14 comments:

  1. Holy sh*t! What have they put inside these nail polishes to cause things like that? Actually I had similar issues with formaldehyde and its resins. Now I'm healing my nails and they are almost totally healed!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am not quite sure that they know themselves what they put in, and that's really scary!
      I'm glad to hear that your nails are healing!! :)

      Delete
  2. It's gorgeous - but being a Mentality not of interest... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so glad you did not suffer from wearing this! The color is great but the side effects are horrible it seems. How nice to have a good customer service at Edgy Polish!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) I really appreciate Edgy Polish's customer service :)

      Delete
  4. Wow, such a vibrant manicure, I really need my sunglasses :))
    I saw today on IG what happened to some girls. It really sucks that wearing a nail polish something like this can happen.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree. If it wasn't like that I would wear this polish a lot because it's just the way I like my orange polishes :)

      Delete
  5. Amazingly bright orange and lovely studs :-D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous color! And the mani with neon green pieces gorgeous too <3

    ReplyDelete