Tuesday, August 18, 2015

Kiko 497 ~ Pearly Indian Violet



Kiko 497 ~ Pearly Indian Violet
Deep purple with violet shimmer

Yesterday I showed you a Kiko polish my boyfriend picked for me in Germany, and today it’s time for one of its sisters. He picked that one as well. He did not know that Pearly Indian Violet is a dupe of Chanel’s Taboo. I knew that, I had read that on several blogs. And even though the girls say that they’re not dead on dupes, then I seriously can’t see the difference when I look at the pictures they posted.

I haven’t got any Chanels, so I obviously don’t have Taboo to compare it with, but never mind.

The formula is a little bit on the thick side, but that’s how I like it. It covers really good; I have one coat on my left hand and two coats on my right hand and I can’t tell if there’s a difference! So for me it’s a one coater. The drying time is really good too.

I made a marble on two of my fingers, using Urban Outfitter’s Silver Holo and Kiko’s Pearly Indian Violet. Yessirebob, it marbles too, even though it’s thick!

Here’s my final mani. There’s a layer of topcoat involved too.


The shimmer was really hard to capture on camera; this is the best I could do.


I love that marble! I have got one layer of the Silver Holo as a base colour.


Like I said, the shimmer isn’t that easy to catch, but it’s beautiful! And don’t think that this is what you see all the time. When I look at my nails this instant, what I see is just a really dark purple; I can’t see the shimmer at all. So yes, sometimes the pictures make the polish look more spectacular than it is in real life. 

Here’s a close up of my pinkie.


That is it for today. Would you like to see the other Kikos he picked for me?

Number of coats: 2
Drying time: Really good
Finish: Lots of shimmer
Overall impression: Great quality and much better price tag than Chanel! The colour is a tad dark for me though, but the water marble helped a lot!
Buy again: Yes

20 comments:

  1. Yeah, show them :)
    Nice Kiko and great marbling!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love KIKO! This one has very pretty colour :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too, they're great polishes (and also makeup!) :)

      Delete
  3. I had that Kiko too! :D
    It's very beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is so pretty! I even thought about getting it though I usually dislike purple :) Great marbling, too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A lovely manicure, looooove the Kiko polish and the marbling is beautiful too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that Kiko - and the entire mani, it's beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amazing purple and lovely mani :-D

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love colours like this. I'm not big on really dark cremes but if it's a shimmer I love it. The water marble is pretty cool too. And yes I would love to see the other colours your boyfriend bought you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am not into dark cremes either, but shimmers are usually yummy. And thank you! :)

      Delete
  9. The holo marble looks really gorgeous. Well done sweetie!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you <3 That was my favourite nails too :)

      Delete