Thursday, August 13, 2015

Glittering Elements ~ Blueberry Pie



Glittering Elements ~ Blueberry Pie
Turquoise with weak holo effect

I’m in the mood for turquoise today, so turquoise it shall be!

My base colour is a semi custom from Glittering Elements called Blueberry Pie. It’s a lovely turquoise colour, and there’s holo pigment added, but the hefty pigmentation of the polish drowns the holo effect a bit. The coverage is amazing though, take a look at one easy coat:



One coat, darlings! I wanted more holo though, because one can never get too much holo. I added a coat of Ellagee’s Rainbow Syrup. I love the name, and I love the polish. It’s a holo topper and it creates rainbows without the dulling of the colour underneath it. Take a look – I’ve added one coat over Blueberry Pie:


And then - I stamped. I thought this polish would be perfect for something peacock-y, and I’ve just bought a stamping plate with peacock designs. It’s called EDM04. I stamped with two Models Own polishes from the chrome collection: Chrome Green and Chrome Cerise. I stamped with black on my pinkie and my pointer and dotted the Chrome Cerise on those. The ring finger and the middle finger was gradient stamped with the two Models Own polishes.

A layer of topcoat sealed it all up, and here’s my final mani in the sun:


I really like the effect of the gradient stamp. Those Models Owns are just perfect for the job.


Here’s a low light picture that shows the stamping better.



I’m very satisfied with the final mani. How about you?


Number of coats: 1!
Drying time: Good
Finish: Weak holo
Overall impression: Beautiful colour
Buy again: Yes

15 comments:

  1. Lovely blue holo, I like it with the stamping too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The polish is a good match for your picture! I love this kind of turquoise!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She nailed the colour pretty well, I think so too :)

      Delete
  3. Fantastic layering. The stamping is to much for me, but it looks nice!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I go crazy with the stamping sometimes :D Thanks!!

      Delete
  4. It really is super close to the inspiration photo - very lovely indeed - and I love the finished result!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so pleased to hear you like it, thank you :)

      Delete
  5. 1 coat?!? Unbelieveable!!! Great result <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. A really lovely shade and so amazing for one coat!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's really nice and I like your stamping :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's such a pretty turquoise, I love it <3

    ReplyDelete