Sunday, August 9, 2015

Watermarbling with sheer polishes



Watermarbling with sheer polishes

After last time’s attempt of water marbling that failed so horribly, I decided that I wanted to get back onto the horse and try again. I want it to work, period.

I bought some sheer tints recently from W7 – they call them Jelly Beans. I bought four and I marbled with two of them: Sunkist Tangerine which is orange, and Wild Blackberry which is purple. The cool thing about water marbling with sheers is that you can have an interesting polish as underwear, and it’ll peak through the sheers.

Let me show you what I’m talking about:


The Jelly Beans marbles great. The spread out; maybe not to a perfect bulls eye, but into something I could work with. It’s funny once your fingers are in the water, and you’re going to remove the excess polish from the surface of the water, then it actually acts like jelly! It came up in long slimy stripes, yuck! :D


I really like the orange and purple together and the patter is just how I wanted it.


Here’s the underwear I used: Dance Legend’s Steel Panther from the Wow Prism collection. Silver holo flakies, they’re just lovely. It did require three coats for full opacity but I’m willing to forgive that little flaw.


And here are the three polishes I used for the mani.


I am SO glad that the marbling worked today! Yay!

13 comments:

  1. I have seen how others use a silver base for sheer tints but water marbling takes it to a whole new level!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice water marble! I like the effect that you achieved with those sheer nail polishes! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm going to need to watermarble with jellys over Steel Panther - this looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Woooow - I love it, nothing more, nothing less *goes to do some marbling* :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW, that is a super beautiful result - good thinking and idea!!

    ReplyDelete