Friday, August 28, 2015

Kiko 531 ~ Pearly Green Butterfly



Kiko 531 ~ Pearly Green Butterfly
Green packed with shimmer

I asked my boyfriend which colour I should do my nails today, and his answer was “green”. I picked a shimmery green he chose for me last time we were in Germany, and I made this mani out of it: 

I love peacocky designs like this one. But let me show you how I got there.
First I applied two layers of Kiko 531 “Pearly Green Butterfly”. It has a great formula and it dries pretty fast. Here’s a daylight picture:


Then I added a layer of glitter. I used “Cosmic” from Jordana’s Glitters collection. It’s a mix of green, blue and silver hexes along with blue microglitter. I’ve had it for a while so it deserved to get a little love today.
Here’s that step.


Then I stamped on it. I found my peacocky design on Emily de Molly’s stamping plate EdM04. I stamped with NailNation 3000’s Black and I dotted with El Corazón’s stamping polish #25 “Magnificent Century”. It’s the only one of EC’s stamping polishes I’m a bit disappointed it. It separates like crazy in NO time and it takes at least ten minutes of vigorously shaking to make it all come together again. It’s definitely not a winner for me. It is beautiful though.

A layer of topcoat completed the mani.


Green was a good choice in my opinion. What say you?


Number of coats: 2
Drying time: Really good
Finish: Lots of shimmer
Overall impression: Great polish, cool colour.
Buy again: Yes

24 comments:

  1. Is very nice green :) and i love what you did whit the stamping :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I think peacocks are the prettiest birds :)

      Delete
  2. The Kiko is so pretty! And the nail art, too. I haven't been in a kiko store for ages ...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I only go to Kiko stores when I am in Germany, so maybe twice a year :)

      Delete
  3. What a pretty colourful nail art! Love the green you used as a base ♡

    ReplyDelete
  4. Green is always welcome! :)) Love the nail art you made. Have a great day and weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know you're a fan of greens like I am :) I hope you've had a fantastic weekend :)

      Delete
  5. This Kiko is really pretty, also lovely with the nail art.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Green was an awesome choice. Especially when it's a pretty green like that. All shimmery and metallic. Improved by glitter and then some really cool stamping. Very cool.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a gorgeous green and I love the final mani :-D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Definitely a good choice, it's gorgeous <3

    ReplyDelete