Wednesday, August 19, 2015

Urban Outfitters ~ Ariel



Urban Outfitters ~ Ariel
Pale green linear holo

My to go silver holo comes from Urban Outfitters. Easy to use, never fails, just a good polish. Expensive though, costs more than OPI here. And the price tag on ordinary OPIs here says more than US$20! I kid you not.

But they had a sale last time I was in Urban Outfitters! And they had two different holos on sale, Ariel was one of them. Price tag said a little less than US$ 9, which is a price that suits me much better. It’s pale green, and therefore not exactly my colour, but I thought it would be great as a base for nail art and/or other experiments.

Here’s two easy and fast drying coats:


This is taken with flash. Ooh la la, pretty rainbows!


It’s too pale for me on its own, so I made a dotticure out of it. I used two different Picture Polishes for that purpose: Lagoon and Orbit.

Here’s the final result in low lights:


And here’s a flash picture of the same thing:


The polishes I used:


I like the fact that Ariel actually has got a name. The silver holo sister is just called Silver Holo, which is pretty boring. Ariel is a good name for this pretty polish. I’m glad I found it on special because I probably wouldn’t have bought it at full price.


Number of coats: 2
Drying time: Really good
Finish: Strong linear holo
Overall impression: Fantastic rainbows, great quality polish
Buy again: Yes

12 comments:

  1. Muito, muito bonito.
    Combinou muito bem as cores...holo lindo!!

    Bjim...
    blog Usei Hoje

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I really like these colours together as well :)

      Delete
  2. Oh, that is an adorable holo - and I love the dotticure - perfect match!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my, I love this, both the polish and the dotticure :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a very sweet holo and you do dotticures so well. I always love your dotticures.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, I love dotticures and I'm glad I'm not the only one :)

      Delete
  5. It's a stunning holo. Looks amazing - you just can't beat a good holo :-D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is! And I know, I looooove holos as you know! :D

      Delete
  6. Wow! I have read a lot of good about Urban Outfitters polishes. But in Germany they are quite expensive, too. This polish is a great choice!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I think so too. I haven't seen Urban Outfitters in Germany yet, but I'll definitely have a look inside if I ever come across one :)

      Delete