Friday, August 21, 2015

Mentality ~ Bolt



Mentality ~ Bolt
Orchid scattered holo

Bolt is described as a bright purple holographic polish and it’s listed as neon. I will get back to you on that.

The formula is good and easy to work with. It looks sheer after the first coat, but the second coat magically did the trick and erased all signs of visible nail line. The drying time is pretty good. It dries up semi matte so I added a layer of topcoat before I took my pictures.

Here’s what it looks like in the sun.



And here is a picture taken with flash:


Here’s what it looks like in the shade. There’s not so much brightness or neon over that, is there.


I can’t wear polishes like this alone, it’s not blingy enough, so I added glitter. I used a multisized and multishaped silver/holo glitter from Delush called Nue Girl. I added another layer of topcoat to seal it all up, and here’s my final mani with flash:


And here’s the low light picture.


I have to admit that I am a little bit disappointed in this polish. I had expected much more neon-ness than I actually got. It’s a nice and work friendly shade, but that is not what I went for, haha! :D

EDIT: This polish is no longer in my possesion. I sent it back after I heard about the issues with Mentality's base. I wouldn't dare to wear it again.


Number of coats: 2
Drying time: Pretty good
Finish: Semi matte muted holo
Overall impression: Disappointed in the lack of neon. Other than that, yes, it’s a nice, work friendly polish
Buy again: Nope

12 comments:

  1. I think it's lovely even if you are disappointed - and the blingy tips works well with it!
    I thought you didn't want to use Mentality any more - but maybe this is before they changed the formula...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am done with Mentality. This and the ones I'm showing over the next days are swatched before the problem with the formula occured, and they're all returned and not in my possesion anymore :)

      Delete
  2. I like this one! I read about some problems with the brand on FB.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it worried me a lot.
      I mean, shit can happen, but the lack of communication was really bad in my opinion.

      Delete
  3. Well, it is surely not neon. But the color is nice.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pretty shade of lilac, but I think the holo effect must be stronger until it isn't neon :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally agree. Either give me neon OR give me strong holo. Or give me both :D

      Delete
  5. The color is nice , but not neon. And i have also read about the problems about this brand..

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is really pretty and I do like it :-D Lovely topper too :-D

    ReplyDelete