Monday, August 3, 2015

El Corazón ~ Matte #147-neon



El Corazón ~ Matte #147-neon
Neon purple matte

I might as well tell you right away: It wasn’t easy for my camera to pick up the neon-ness (neonosity?, neonfulness?, neoniciousness?) of today’s polish!

The formula was great though and the polish covered really well. I was satisfied after the first coat, but decided to add another coat to make sure that my little brat of a camera wouldn’t pick up unwanted details invisible to the naked eye.  Anyway - the drying time is really good.

Here’s two coats, no underwear or topcoat. The picture is taken in the sun and is colour accurate.



I was actually amazed over how good the formula was. Matte neons can really be a challenge, but not this one. This photo isn’t quite colour accurate. The polish is somewhat more purple than pink hued in real life.


I made stripes on it. I used a purple from Golden Rose, #37 from their Color Expert Collection. I made a wide and two narrower stripes on each nail. When that was dry I added a layer of Butter London’s Disco Biscuit. It’s a pink jelly with blue shimmer. I have had it for a long while, but haven’t used it because it’s so sheer. But today’s the day it’s going to shine on the blog.

Here’s my final mani:


I’m not happy with these last two pictures. I swear my mani looked better in real life than these photos suggest. Damn!


No. Just no. :/


Number of coats: 2
Drying time: Really good
Finish: Matte neon
Overall impression: I think this is the nicest matte neon I own. The formula is so good and I love the colour  
Buy again: Yes

16 comments:

  1. There's something in the fact that sometimes manis look better in reality than in photos, it happens to me too. But I think it looks very well with the stripes and the pink neon is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I feel like the photos should look exactly like the nails do in real life, but it's not always like that :D

      Delete
  2. Wow! What an incredible polish! And I love the stripes. It's simply too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sure is a POW wow polish!!
    I like the color combo with the stripes, don't be too hard on yourself!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am - unfortunately like a lot of people - my own worst critic, I can't help it :)
      But thank you, I appreciate it! <3

      Delete
  4. Hi dear! I have the same problem with photos sometimes.. but it doesn't matter. The neon pink nail polish is so pretty and the final mani too! Kisses

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're right, it shouldn't matter at all. It's just because I wanted to show you exactly how pretty it is :D

      Delete
  5. Nice colour and I like the finish. Pretty mani too :-D Nice BL :-D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the BL but I seriously haven't got a clue what to use it for! :D

      Delete
  6. Such a nice color! And it is a great base for the Butter London polish!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was actually pleased to find something I could use under the Butter London, finally! :)

      Delete