Monday, August 24, 2015

Mentality ~ Startle



Mentality ~ Startle
Orange scattered holo

I have got to stop buying orange polishes. Half the time they disappoint me, haha!

Anyway, the formula of Startle is good and easy to work with. I used two coats for full opacity and the drying time is good. It dries up semi matte.

Here’s two coats taken with flash:



It looks quite good with the flash, don’t you think?


My problem is that this is a polish that looks way better on pictures than in real life. Startle is a good example of why we should demand to see what a polish looks like in both sun and shadow before we actually buy it. Let me turn off the flash and stick my hand into the lightbox for you and this is the result I get:


This is so not my tone of orange and I would not have bought it if there had been pictures out there that was taken in the shadows or low lights. Hmfr!
I spiced it up, because that’s how I roll. I made dots! I used a red from Essense’s Arriba!-collection called Red Corazón and Silver Holo from Urban Outfitters.

Here’s what that ended up looking like (flash picture):


That’s more like it, even though the orange is still dull outside the flashlight. 


The polishes:


I will keep mentioning that polishes should be showed in other conditions than sunlight and flash. Most of us spend more time indoors/in the shadows than in the sun.

This polish is no longer in my possesion. I sent it back after I heard about the issues with Mentality's base. I wouldn't dare to wear it again.


Number of coats: 2
Drying time: Pretty good
Finish: Semi matte muted holo
Overall impression: Not my colour at all
Buy again: Definitely not

15 comments:

  1. this is indeed a very pale orange - I would call it more of a peach...
    But I like the end result!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It certainly helped with the dots. But that was a polish I was happy to return to be honest.

      Delete
  2. Glad you send it back, you never know! Not big fan of orange... i can see why it dissapointed you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would seriously not dare to use those polishes again so I was happy that I got the option to return them.

      Delete
  3. I'm not so sure about this colour. I do like orange, but not so keen on this :-|

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are realyl honest when it comes to true colors. Great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like being honest and I really like when bloggers show a polish's true colours in different light settings.

      Delete