Monday, August 24, 2015

Mentality ~ Shock



Mentality ~ Shock
Neon green scattered holo

Here’s the last Mentality neon holo I’ve got. It’s neon green and a “in your face”- colour I like.

The formula is good and opacity fine. I used two coats for this mani. The drying time is good too.

No sun today, so here’s a flash picture of the beauty; it’s two coats and a layer of topcoat because the polish dries up semi matte:


I really like this colour. I’m not impressed by the holoness though. I want more of a linear holo in my holos :)


This polish is also pretty in ordinary daylight; that’s a huge plus for me.


And now I’m going to show you one of my fail manis. I wanted to simulate green flames on it, so I added white and green on my nails and dragged it upwards with a small brush. The green I’m holding is Zoya’s Giovanna.
I finished with a layer of Northern Lights from Out the Door.


The last picture is a low light picture. This doesn’t at all look as it did in my head, haha.


I hope you’ll bear with me when I show you my fails as well. This whole nail polish blogging is also a learning curve for me. 

This polish is no longer in my possesion. I sent it back after I heard about the issues with Mentality's base. I wouldn't dare to wear it again.


Number of coats: 2
Drying time: Pretty good
Finish: Semi matte muted holo
Overall impression: Not my colour at all
Buy again: Definitely not

14 comments:

  1. And what's wrong with Mentality's base? I don't know the details.
    The shade is lovely and this nail art at the first look brought mountains to my mind. But it looks prettily!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are so many posts about it out there now, but basically there's something added to the polish or the base that makes some girls' nails detach from the nail beds. It's horrible!

      Delete
  2. I also love the highlighter kind of green. I'm kind of glad it's the last. Mentality does not deserve blog posts any more LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, they really don't deserve blog posts. I did debate with myself whether to post this or not, but ending up just doing it and get them out of the way.

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. I know :/ Fortunately there are other brands that make this kind of green :)

      Delete
  4. A lovely looking shade and quite delightful art work!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's a very pretty green. I like it :-D

    I've just read about the issues with this brand :-| :-( Gladly don't own any!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally understand that! What a bummer with those polishes :(

      Delete